AU

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

Replacement key caps for Yoga 530?

2019-01-23, 13:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a replacement plastic hinge/retainer clip to hold the keycap in place? I've recently broken the little white plastic clip underneath one of the keycaps.

I've tried to look on google but haven't been able to find one specifically for the Yoga 530. I have an old Yoga 510 that I tried to take a key from however the hinge is incompatible with the 530.

Thank you!

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2019

AU

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Replacement key caps for Yoga 530?

2019-01-23, 13:23 PM

For reference, the retainer clip/plastic hinge i'm talking about is shown in this image.

Options

2278 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3330 Signins

40590 Page Views

• Views: 40590
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Replacement key caps for Yoga 530?

2019-01-23, 15:39 PM

Lenovo doesn't sell the retainer clips as a standalone part, so you'll need to replace the entire upper case. Your laptop still might be under warranty since it was released not too long ago, so I would recommend contacting Lenovo support before buying any parts. They might be able to replace the upper cover w/ keyboard for you. 

If you're out of warranty, here are the part numbers for the keyboard: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga530-14ikb_yoga530-14arr_hmm_201803.pdf 

It starts on page 53, and the part for the upper case is number 2. They are listed by the region of the keyboard. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!
The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete