Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boschj
What's DOS?
Views: 1,544
Message 1 of 4

Replacement mainboard yoga 900

After sevral weeks with random bluescreens and system hangs. I tried to recover and reinstall windows 10. But  even in the install of recover proces my Yoga 900 kept rebooting and randomly hanging. So I tried several memory test apps and it seems that I have some bad and corrupt memory. I own a Yoga 900 13ISK. I have searched on the internet and I found a replacement Yoga 900-13ISK2 mainboard.

My question is if I can replace my defect yoga 900-13isk (I7-6500,8gb, 256ssd) for a yoga 900-13isk2 (I7-6560,8gb 256ssd) mainboard

Guru
Views: 1,440
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacement mainboard yoga 900

Yep, you should be able to swap it out.  Here's the service training guide: http://lenovolearning.bhivesoft.com/bhive/t/1004/course_launch_frame.jsp?id=8682

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

KingSeamonkey
Core Memory
Views: 1,107
Message 3 of 4

Has anyone on here performed this procedure?  I just ordered the replacement board and will be doing this next weekend.  I'm wondering about the thermal compound.  There are so many types out there!  Just get like this stuff on Amazon?  https://tinyurl.com/thermalcmpnd  Also, I'm wondering how everything will fit back together.  

Thanks!

Undergroundhill
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I am planning on doing the same. Did replacing the Yoga 900-13ISK with the Yoga 900-13ISK2 work?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors