Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamhas
Paper Tape
Views: 29,956
Message 1 of 6

Restore to factory Yoga Pro 2

I have recently received a Yoga Pro 2 and installed Firefox and Skype.  During the install, there were some very small print boxes which I originally thought were just agreements to go ahead, but then realized where optional software.  So, I got some trash installed.  While I have cleaned up all I can find, I am still having issues with some sites in Firefox where I get a message that "This connection is untrusted" and when I view the certificate, it says DO_NOT_TRUST in several entries.  This follows a window.googleJavaScriptRedirect=1 which flashes on the screen.  While I have removed a couple of unwanted programs this behavior continues on *some* sites.

I am thinking that maybe, if it is possible, I went back to a factory start, I could just do it all over again.  Is this possible?

tamhas
Paper Tape
Views: 29,935
Message 2 of 6

Re: Restore to factory Yoga Pro 2

There is reference in the manual to the Lenovo OneKey Recovery System which says to press the Novo key ... where the heck is the Novo key?

ClintonKnight
Paper Tape
Views: 29,915
Message 3 of 6

The "novo" key is on the right side. It is a little round button next to the power button. I had to use a screw driver to push the button in. With the machine completely shut down, press this "novo" button instead of the power button. You will see the boot screen options, including setup, restore, and change boot device.

tamhas
Paper Tape
Views: 29,912
Message 4 of 6

Obscure!

I have since reinstalled Windows via the Control Panel and reinstalled the software I had previously installed and all of the funny behavior seems to have disappeared.

wattdogg
What's DOS?
Views: 778
Message 5 of 6

This may seem like a dumb question but before I restore my Yoga pro 2 back to factory defaults I should back up files liek pictures and programs on an external hard drive correct?
DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 773
Message 6 of 6

@wattdogg yes, any time you are going to make such a change it is a good idea to run a backup!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors