12-14-2017

United States of America

143 Signins

731 Page Views

• Views: 731
  • Message 1 of 1

Revisit Yoga 920 Type C docks

2019-07-10, 13:45 PM

OK, I'm back with "new issue" Just wanted to see if others are experiencing problems, thus this is isolated to the Yoga 920

92013IKB

My Lenovo USB-C Hub C106 started giving problems year year with HDMI so I had to switch to a HooToo Shuttle, HT-UC007. Everything works well with it... HDMI, Power Deliver and Ethernet. However, in several of my training sessions I've had to revert to a VGA connection to an older Overhead. So, I started shopping again for a better HUB with more options, including VGA. There are several on the market...

First, I ordered an UTechSmart UCN3265, 

I had issues with Power Delivery with this unit. They were very kind, good customer service and issued me a refund.

Next up I order the ToTu 12-in-1

Neat device with 3-HDMI connections

This unit did provide Power Delivery. However, after a short period of time HDMI would cut out.

Amazon sent a second unit. It too had the same problems, so I returned it.

Next up the YXwin 11-1

This unit also has issues with HDMI using Power Delivery, no issues when you do not use PD.

contact YXwin, they sent a second device.

You have to remove the Device and apparently let it, or the laptop cool down a bit. I am not sure which as the change in temperature on the device is only 1-2 degrees C.

Same issues. They are currently investigating with their engineers - so I am told -.

Is anyone using one of these newer devices that has HDMI, VGA, Ethernet then your normal USB and Card Reader; and successfully using for extended periods of time - meaning hours - Power Delivery and HDMI?

Due to this issue, an issue with Wi-Fi and the fact I purchased 3-Year Extended Support, Lenovo sent a tech here the other day and replaced the Motherboard and Wi-Fi, which I changed to an Intel 9260 as the Atheros is trash IMO; that's another story.

So I just finished up all updates, firmware etc and retesting, just to make certain.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms