US

14 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 7

SD card keeps randomly disconecting and reconnecting

2018-01-04, 13:15 PM

Hello knowledgable people.

I have a persistent problem on my Yoga 2 13, any SD card will be randomly disconnected and reconected again. Sometimes I manage to import some pictures, mostly not. It does it with any SD card (have about 20, various brands and sizes), and with any software (normaly I use Nikon transfer 2, but it's the same if I try to copy files in Windows).

I have reinstalled and updated all drivers and controllers.

I have searched extensively first, but did not find the solution.

Thank you for your help.

Jiri

Solved! See the solution
Options

103 Posts

05-23-2015

GB

398 Signins

1539 Page Views

• Views: 1539
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: SD card keeps randomly disconecting and reconnecting

2018-01-04, 21:05 PM

I've got you back. This is how I solved the exact same problem on my Lenovo Yoga 3 11 running Windows 10 64bit:

Lenovo Yoga 3 11 SD Card unmounting Solution:

Insert SD card

Open properties of SD card, hardware tab, select SDXC Card, select properties, General tab, change settings, driver tab, select Uninstall Device

Download driver from

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/ds037475

and install the driver by double clicking the file

Download driver from

http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-13-notebook-ideapad/downloads/ds031972

and install the driver by double clicking the file

Restart windows (may not be necessary)

sd card problem should now be solved!

You have to repeat this whenever there are any major Windows updates, e.g. Fall update, Creators' update. Fortunately this doesn't happen very often, once or twice a year.

Options

103 Posts

05-23-2015

GB

398 Signins

1539 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2018-01-04, 21:30 PM

I've got your back:

1. Insert SD card
2. Open properties of SD card, hardware tab, select SDXC Card, select properties, General tab, change settings, driver tab, select Uninstall Device
3. Download driver from http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/ds037475 and install the driver by double clicking the file
4. Download driver from http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-13-notebook-ideapad/downloads/ds031972 and install the driver by double clicking the file
5. Restart windows (may not be necessary)
6. sd card problem should now be solved!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2016

US

14 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2018-01-05, 15:53 PM

Wow, thank you very much - that worked, and my 1 year + problem is solved.

I did it slightly different way, but replacing the driver was the solution. I have tried this several times before - incl a driver from the Realtek website, and nothing. This one worked,

Thank you very much.

Options

103 Posts

05-23-2015

GB

398 Signins

1539 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2018-01-05, 18:02 PM

You're welcome mate!

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 11. The SD card problem was introduced when I installed Windows 10.

All hail Lenovo Support for not updating their drivers pages for older laptops! ;)

I don't put up with that type of 'support', so I found the solution myself. I keep a 128Gb micro SD permently in my SD slot using a shortened SD card adapter, doubling my storage (my SSD is only 128Gb).

How's you track pad behaving? Right click button working ok? If not, Lenovo have outdone themselves again by not putting the most comptible driver on the driver support page for your laptop. I can point you to a better driver, basically it's the one for the Yoga 2 Pro Lenovo drivers support page.

This one 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-lenovo/downloads/DS103616

Worked a treat for my laptop trackpad. Right click works perfectly :)

Options

4 Posts

01-19-2016

US

14 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2018-01-05, 20:43 PM

Thanks mate :-), but now all works very well, incl track pad.

But you are right. When I bought it I got rid of all bloatware. Later I discovered, the fligt mode did not work. I contacted the Lenovo support, and was adviced to send my new laptop to Lenovo for keyboard change!!!

On some forum (here or Microsoft) somebody adviced me, that i need a stupid Lenovo utility manager... and running. Who would think that?

So I installed it, it worked, and I had absolutely no problem untill this one.

Thanks again

Options

4 Posts

07-01-2018

US

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-07-01, 18:50 PM

Thank you Flanima! The drivers for the SD card you recommended seems to have solved my problem on my Yoga 3 11. I have been plagued by the SD card randomly ejecting... I too tried other drivers. Also - my right click had never seemed to be working unless I clicked it in the right spot... So I updataed that to the synptics driver you recommended. That too now seems to be a bit btter than it was before..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete