Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zackadavis
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,063
Message 1 of 3

[SOLVED] Cannot get 1050GTX to act as graphics controller on Yoga 720 15"

Hey everyone!

I recently received my Yoga 720 15" (YOGA 720-15IKB ideapad 80X7) in the mail and excitedly set it up. I updated all of my drivers, and the new Windows Creator's update before trying to run a game. Whenever I try to load a game, I get the error

"Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this game.  Exiting..."

I believe the issue is caused by the Intel HD 630 graphics controller running the show instead of the 1050GTX. I am on the most up to date BIOS (v1.05) availible from Lenovo's website, and have reinstalled the Nvidia drivers mutliple times to no avail. I have also changed the power settings to "Maximum performance" when plugged in. Is there some obvious trick to activate the 1050GTX that I am missing?

Thanks for the help!

edit: Edited to include product ID number and machine type in body of message.

solved edit:

Sorry to come to a conclusion so quickly, but I will leave the post up to let others learn from what I did. To solve this, I simply reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and selected the option "clean install". Additionally, I told the GeForce Experience program to stop "Automatically optimize newly added games" under the "Games" section. After I did these things and restarted my laptop Rocket League, Dark Souls, and Overwatch all ran without a problem. I hope this can be of help to someone!

upotheke
What's DOS?
Views: 1,526
Message 2 of 3

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot get 1050GTX to act as graphics controller on Yoga 720 15"

For what it's worth, a new yoga  720-15IKB purchased 8-17-17 came installed with nvidia drivers 381.67 and using the geforce experience it stated that the drivers were up to date. However, checking nvidia's website directly, for the 1050gtx driver, the latest version was 385.28. 

Highlighted
upotheke
What's DOS?
Views: 1,526
Message 3 of 3

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot get 1050GTX to act as graphics controller on Yoga 720 15"

just a note - my machine purchased on 8-17-17 had an nvidia graphics driver 381.67 installed, and scanning for updates through the geforce experience did not reveal an updated driver. However, going to nvidia's website directly shows that the most recent driver for the 1050gtx is 385.28, released 8.14.17. After downloading and installing this new driver, the 1050gtx driver *was* now visible to my games as a graphics driver whereas before it was only recognizing the onboard intel 640 graphics. fps and resolution all at benchmarks stated in advertising materials for the laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors