Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2015

4 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

[SOLVED] Yoga 2 13 just arrived: BSOD after first configuration

2015-01-09, 15:10 PM

Hi

I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 13 online. After unpacking, I turned it on and completed the initial automatic configuration (keyboard, wifi, account, etc). Reboot and BSOD ":-( you pc has run into a problem". The laptop reboot itself in "automatic repair", bit it freezes with black screen (not BSOD).

If I turn it off and on again, same cycle (BSOD, reboot, black screen).

The novo key get me directly into the black screen freeze (after choosing "system repair" and just after the lenovo logo with rotating dots)

I never arrived at the point of having Win 8.1 running. The laptop is brand new.

I don't think I need installing OKR8 image since the novo key menu is there and I didnt touch partitions. I am not a newbie and I could try reinstalling win 8.1 from USB drive, but I dont want to break the warranty.

Any hints?

Answer
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2015

4 Signins

13 Page Views

Re: Yoga 2 13 just arrived: BSOD after first configuration

2015-01-10, 12:49 PM

SOLVED. Volume 0 (432 GB, one of the 7 partitions of the disk), for some misterious reason, was not formatted, and instead was of type RAW.

I found that by running diskpart from a USB windows recovery drive of another laptop.

I formatted the RAW partition and started "system recovery", which brought back the laptop to the original state, and this time everything went smooth.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

01-09-2015

4 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

2015-01-10, 12:49 PM

SOLVED. Volume 0 (432 GB, one of the 7 partitions of the disk), for some misterious reason, was not formatted, and instead was of type RAW.

I found that by running diskpart from a USB windows recovery drive of another laptop.

I formatted the RAW partition and started "system recovery", which brought back the laptop to the original state, and this time everything went smooth.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1384 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

11975 Signins

305499 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 305499
  • Message 3 of 3

2015-01-13, 6:33 AM

Awesome, Sanna, and thanks so much for coming back to tell us what you did that worked!

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms