Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanielZ73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,053
Message 1 of 1

Safe Mode Boot Problem: Stuck In Safe Mode

I have a yoga tablet 2 pro. I powered down the tablet one night. In the morning, I normally held down the power button for no more than 2 or 3 seconds to power it up agian until I saw the lenovo logo. Everything was going well, but then it went to an android reboot screen. I never took any action to reboot my tablet, but the screen popped up anyways. I didn't want to reboot my tablet, so I selected the "power off" selection on the reboot screen. It powered off, and then took me back to the reboot screen. I selected the same option once more, but I got the same results. I decided to end the nonsense and just reboot. It wasn't going to hurt anything. When I did, it took me to my home screen where all my apps were gone. I noticed my tablet was then on safe mode. I researched what it was. I'm not sure why safe mode even exists or why it is on my tablet, but I can't get to any of my apps. So I decided to restart my tablet, but after it restarted, I was still on safe mode. I looked up how to take your tablet off safe mode, and all the info I got was to either power off your tablet or restart it and your tablet would be off safe mode. So I restarted it again...still didn't work. I then powered it off again and it took me back to the reboot screen. I have done this multiple times selecting every option on the reboot screen and nothing has seemed to work. I also powered it off and left it over night but that didn't work either. I even tried to power it off, then turn it back on while holding down both volume buttons and that took me to a black screen with the words "fast boot starting..." In tiny little letters. It then powered off. I waited a while, turned it back on, and it took me to the reboot screen. I was hoping this would work, but...YOU GUESSED IT...safe mode wasn't off. I also tried that multiple times...still no luck! This is simply ridiculous. I may be doing something wrong, but I have very important info that I am not able to get to because my tablet is on this ridiculous mode. It should NEVER be this hard to take your tablet off a certain mode, especially on a tablet and a compony that has never let me down. I'm not one to regret my decision to buy a certain device, but if a tablet puts itself on a mode that restricts you from seeing apps that are important, the tablet is simply not worth buying. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would be very glad. Thank-you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors