Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcn
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 1 of 4

Screen Ghosting Yoga 910

Hello!

My Yoga 910-131KB Laptop periodically displays ghost images (please see attached pictures). I could be reading, web browsing, watching a video on youtube or netflex and suddenly whatever is being displayed will freeze on the screen. The frozen image is tanslucent so sometimes I can see through it and continue using the laptop, but other times it makes using the laptop extremely difficult (like reading and typing).

I have tried using different browsers (Firefox, MS Edge, and Chrome) and closing/reclosing the laptop but the issue keeps happening. Sometimes the ghost image goes away spontaneoulsy, but most of the time I have to reboot it several times to clear some of the ghosting. I love the laptop, but sometimes this bug makes it unusable. I have never dropped, spilled liquid, or damaged it in any way. It was new when I brought it. Can anyone please give me any suggestions? I am not super-tech savvy, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Screen Issue 1.jpgScreen Issue 1-2.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 128
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen Ghosting Yoga 910

First, a few questions. Is everything up to date? Use Lenovo Vantage to make sure drivers and BIOS are the latest available.

Second, which Windows version are you running? 1803? 1809?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
vcn
Paper Tape
Views: 106
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply! I downloaded Lenovo Vantage and made sure to update all suggested installations. The screen hasn't returned to normal. I have Windows 1809.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 97
Message 4 of 4

Was it doing this prior to installing 1809?  1809 is blocked from the 910, among other makes and models. It should not have installed on its own. I'd suggest rolling back to 1803 if you can, or doing a factory reset.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors