US

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 11 Type 80CX Screen Replacement/Broken

2019-07-29, 21:23 PM

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK 80MK. The screen broke so I decided to order a new one. The model of the screen I had is LTN133YL05. The model of the replacement screen I ordered is LTN133YL01. For some back story: the laptop worked before, but for some reason if I tapped on the laptop at a certain place it would turn off. A manual restart would be required. I replaced the screen myself, and turned it on. The screen turned on as expected but did not have touch screen capabilites. After a minute or so, the laptop powered off and will not turn back on. I did some testing and found that .128V is going to power when charger is plugged in. 

Because of the two issues I am having, I am not sure what the root of everything is. I have a few different thoughts and would like any assistance.

1) First of all, is the replacement screen that I ordered compatible with my laptop? I tried Lenovo and Best Buy chat and neither could confirm details. 

2) If the screen isn't compatible, would powering on the laptop with the new screen cause for permanent damage?

3) Could the motherboard be bad? If so, maybe just ordering a new one would fix all the issues including the screen?

I understand this is a bit of an odd scenario and I would be more than happy to provide more details if it would help! Thank you in advance

MOD: Added model to title

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 11 Type 80CX Screen Replacement/Broken

2019-12-20, 18:33 PM

Hi Sorry for the late reply as we just joined the boards, but if you are still having the same issue please let us know.

Regards

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete