cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bostongraf
What's DOS?
Views: 271
Message 1 of 3

Screen Swap from Yoga 2 Pro into Yoga 900?

I've had a Yoga 2 Pro for two and a half years. I recently overheated it. I replaced it with a Yoga 900. After six days the screen cracked (working with Best Buy now to get an exchange but hopes are slim...).

In the likely event that BB does not cooperate, is it possible to take the screen out of my Yoga 2 Pro and use it to replace the screen in the Yoga 900?

Thanks for any insights.

Guru
Views: 233
Message 2 of 3

Re: Screen Swap from Yoga 2 Pro into Yoga 900?

I don't think that's possible because there dimensions on the Yoga 2 Pro and the Yoga 900 are different. Also, the display to MB cable goes through the enter of the hinge, which I'm fairly sure is different on the 2 Pro. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

bostongraf
What's DOS?
Views: 225
Message 3 of 3

Re: Screen Swap from Yoga 2 Pro into Yoga 900?

Thank you. Unfortunately, I agree. I went to ifixit.com and saw tear downs of the Yoga 2 vs the Yoga 3 and had to come to the same conclusion.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors