Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmunc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 325
Message 1 of 4

Screen brightness not adjusting on Yoga 920

I'm unable to adjust the screen brightness on my Yoga 920.  It's stuck.  The F11 and F12 keys do nothing.

I have updated the BIOS.  I have reinstalled the driver.  When I do so, it fixes the problem ... until the next time the laptop goes to sleep or shuts down.  Then, when it comes back on, the brightness is stuck at wherever it was before.

If I then reinstall the driver *again*, it fixes the problem ... until the next sleep/shutdown, when the problem reappears.

A Lenovo support agent told me the only thing to do is a hard reset on the machine, restoring it to factory condition.  Obviously I'd rather not deal with that hassle if there's a less destructive way to fix the problem.

Ideas?  Suggestions?

Jackmilan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 297
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen brightness not adjusting on Yoga 920

I have the same issue and this is so frustrating! I found this article but I'm unable to manually update the intel drivers. Which version of the driver do you have?

I have 23.20.16.4973 while the lastest on the intel website are Version: 25.20.100.6618 

Please let me know if you find a solution

elmunc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 290
Message 3 of 4

That's the same driver version I have.  Frustrating indeed.

Jackmilan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 288
Message 4 of 4

I was finally able to update the driver using a suggestion found in the article I mentioned before (comment no 8)
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.exe

if you download the above driver you will be able to update at 25.20.100.6373. Then you have to block the autoupdate folowing this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei....

For now I'm again able to change brightness, let me know if you also fix it Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors