Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Israel

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen jittering when lowering brightness

2021-04-07, 16:23 PM

HI 

I have Lenovo YOGA 720 4k 15IKB

The screen is jittering after a long period of time usage, and every time i lower the brightness.

What could be the problem?

The screen itself or maybe the cable that connect the screen to the board?

thanks

tommy 

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Screen jittering when lowering brightness

2021-04-07, 16:28 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ tommy_12!

Thanks for posting here!

Try updating your Yoga 720's Display driver, restart the device and test it again.

Please click on this link to update it.

Also, launch the Lenovo Vantage app and search if there's an available driver updates that may also needed to be downloaded/installed as well as Windows OS update.

Check if the issue also occurs when the Yoga 720 is connected to an external monitor.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Israel

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-08, 1:18 AM

Everything is already updated, i have updated intel GPU manually and still nothing have changed.

The windows OS is updated.

its happening also when i connect external monitor through out USB, but sometimes when i connect it, it still jitters.

Its happening usually after  a long time of computer usage.

in the past i have worked with the computer when it is flipped with screen infront of me and the keyboard face on the table.

maybe the heat going up through the fan toasted my screen or the cables that connect it to the board.

Options

1989 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

240 Signins

21027 Page Views

• Views: 21027
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-08, 21:34 PM

@ tommy_12 wrote:

Everything is already updated, i have updated intel GPU manually and still nothing have changed.

The windows OS is updated.

its happening also when i connect external monitor through out USB, but sometimes when i connect it, it still jitters.

Its happening usually after  a long time of computer usage.

in the past i have worked with the computer when it is flipped with screen infront of me and the keyboard face on the table.

maybe the heat going up through the fan toasted my screen or the cables that connect it to the board.

Thanks for responding @ tommy_12!

You may check this link as well as this other link to perform additional troubleshooting steps to sort out the concern.

Should the issue still occurs after performing those steps, it would be advisable to have the machine be brought to any local service providers for it to be checked if it's a possible hardware concern that might require repairs for it work/function properly again.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms