Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timluke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,858
Message 1 of 12

Several problems with Yoga 720

Hi everyone,

I have several problems with my Yoga 720 13IKB.

Sometimes touchscreen and pen do not work. This is not permanent, but occurs from time to time.

As far as I can see this is a (software) problem with a Windows update, right?

Is there any workaround or fix, that could be used?  I mean if I restart the laptop, then it works fine again, but it would be nice, to avoid it in advance.

Another problem is random restarts. I do not see a pattern in this, but frome time to time the laptop restarts without a reason. This happens when it is not used. As long as I am typing / scrolling I have no problems. I already checked the energy-saving options in windows and deactivated the automatical shutdown - no changes and the problem still exists.

Third I have problems with the WiFi. The Laptop shows me, that Wifi is available and the signal is of good quality, but then it does not have a connection to the internet whilst others in the same WiFi have no problems at all.

Anyone experienced similiar problems? If so, what were the solutions?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Best

Tim

*edit* actually there is a 4th problem - I also have the glitches described in this tread

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-13-quot-cursor-disappearing-glitc...

Also did not find a solution so far...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,758
Message 2 of 12
Moved:

Re: Several problems with Yoga 720

ETinTZ
Paper Tape
Views: 4,740
Message 3 of 12

Hello,

Did you ever get problems 1 through 3 fixed? This got linked to a partially unrelated post IMO. I have a 4 month old yoga 720 with the same issues. I disabled the touchscreen because it gets stuck in the top corner as if it were pushed down. Before I start a new post I thought I would see if you resolved your other issues.
Thanks,

ET

timluke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,732
Message 4 of 12

Actually non of the problems is fixed so far and the Lenovo Support did not reply to my enquiry...

I'm not really satisfied with this.

The glitching of the mouse gets more and more annoying, especially when I have many programs /files open

*edit* The connection problems in contrast declined in frequency

Edconsultant
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,717
Message 5 of 12

I agree. When my mouse pointer disappears upon the device going to sleep, I have to shut down everything and then Restart. This process takes several minutes and is quite aggravating as I am working on several files at once. Lenovo Support, please help us!

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 4,702
Message 6 of 12

Hello @timluke, 

The touchscreen issue is causing issues for many people. See this thread for more details. Currently there is no remedy except to wait for Lenovo, Wacom, and Microsoft to put out a fix.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Touchscreen-Not-Functional-Wacom-...

timluke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,602
Message 7 of 12

Thank you for the hint, just read through the thread. Does not really look like there will be a solution. And I still got no answer from the support.

ETinTZ
Paper Tape
Views: 4,568
Message 8 of 12

Hello Everyone,

Yeah I also have not been successful at contacting lenovo support. I live in Tanzania and bought the machine in the US. The online support and chat tools are disabled for my country. My only choice is to try to make it back to the US before my warranty is up.

I also can confirm, for those with Wifi Adapter problems, the newest windows update does not improve network performance or cut-out issues. If I get bored ill post some side by side speed tests of several laptops in our office. The Lenovo 720 is consistanly 20-40% slower, still stops randomly and the computer has to be restarted for the adapter to start working.

Support? Please? Contact? Us?

Eric

Edconsultant
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,550
Message 9 of 12

I live in Raleigh, very near Morrisville which is the US Lenovo headquarters. I think I'll give them a personal visit and leave them with a piece of my mind! The poor support is totally unacceptable!

timluke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,488
Message 10 of 12

In addition I got some Bluetooth problems:

Sometimes it get's deactivated and it can only be solved by shutting the laptop down and then booting it. With a reboot it does not get activated again. Hell knows why...

In addition there is a delay in tipping and reaction.

It occurs since I use multiple Bluetooth devices instead of just a mouse. Not it's a mouse, a keyboard and a headset. Anyone else experiencing that?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors