12-05-2013

San Francisco

10 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 1 of 8

Shocked at nonexistent driver updates

2014-05-06, 7:09 AM

Hey Lenovo, I'm absolutely shocked at how bad your driver updates are for the Yoga 2 Pro. This is like your hottest hardware, and yet you can't get a single driver update out the door in half a year! What gives?

Every review and tons of customers have lamented how bad the touchpad is. Yet, your driver remains many versions behind Synaptics' driver. Please get their latest, modify it as needed, and get it to us pronto. I'm using the latest Synaptics driver, and it works far, far better, except that the touchpad doesn't sleep in tablet mode. Incredibly, I find this easier to live with than the horrible mess your current driver is.

I've been getting my other driver updates from Intel, but I'm apalled that you haven't issued a single update since last November.

I like the hardware, but I'll be remembering your laziness with drivers in my next hardware purchase.

Options

1456 Posts

06-08-2013

BE

2002 Signins

20058 Page Views

• Views: 20058
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Shocked at nonexistent driver updates

2014-05-06, 9:45 AM
1. There is no need to release driver updates if the product is working correctly. Driver updates are only released if a global problem is discovered.

2. The touchpad works fine. I have had no issues with the touchpad. It is one of the best I have used. I did tweak some of the settings to match my needs.

When you are in tablet mode, does your keyboard get disabled? Can you test this and report back? ;-)

Possibly installing 'driver updates' from 3rd party sites may have broken your touchpad being disabled in tablet mode.

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Options

4 Posts

12-05-2013

San Francisco

10 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 3 of 8

2014-05-13, 7:45 AM

The touchpad doesn't work fine. It barely gets by, but is really glitchy and a pain to use. After updating to the latest Synaptics driver, it works far, far more smoothly, but I sacrifice the ability for it to turn off when in tablet mode. Lenovo should apply their modification to the latest Synaptics driver and get that out.

WiFi was pretty glitchy until I installed Intel's latest. Now it works great. But I'm shocked Lenovo isn't testing or publishing Intel's latest and greatest.

Same goes for graphics drivers. Intel's latest are faster and more reliable, but Lenovo doesn't bother to push those through.

Same goes for Bluetooth. Intel's are better, ignored by Lenovo.

And what about the screen rotation glitches? Others have reported it, and I regularly see it. No updates. Nada.

Options

2 Posts

05-13-2014

United Kingdom

5 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 4 of 8

2014-05-13, 10:54 AM

I have recently got the Yoga Pro 2 and have to agree that the Touchpad is not fine.   I don't have the same issues as caywen, as general use is fine.    But there is a HUGE bug in the driver which causes certain programs (Web Browsers mainly) to ZOOM when you do a 2 finger scroll.  Chrome is completely unusable with 2 finger scroll, IE and Firefox are not as bad.   I have disabled the "Zoom" setting in the trackpad as I wondered if it was getting confused, but it is not that.

I have seen the bug described by numerous other users, both in this forum and elsewhere, so I know it is not just me.

As such, I think it is very poor for Lenovo not to have fixed this.   It would be nice to know if a fix was even being worked on?    If not then I may resort to using the latest Synaptics drivers, but not sure I like the idea of the trackpad not being turned off in tablet mode.

Come on Lenovo, this is not a cheap piece of kit and it deserves proper support!     Thanks

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 5 of 8

2014-05-13, 14:05 PM

I suggest using the latest Synaptic driver (or dell).

From there, use ahk to monitor the state of the keyboard. Once the keyboard is disabled, disable the mouse.

As of now, I stopped programing for the Yoga since my laptop screen cracked (by simply opening the laptop). If my laptops goes back online, I will add this feature to my touchscreen disabling toggle program.

That way, users will be able to use the latest Synaptic drivers without waiting on Lenovo.

@Mark_Lenovo, please read your PMs.

Options

40 Posts

04-20-2014

Eagleville, PA

58 Signins

430 Page Views

• Views: 430
  • Message 6 of 8

2014-05-13, 18:08 PM
Same here - I'm using the latest Synaptics driver andt he touchpad works great, but it won't automatically disable in tablet mode. I had to download a third party program to disable it. It's pretty annoying.
Options

2 Posts

05-13-2014

United Kingdom

5 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 7 of 8

2014-05-13, 18:23 PM

Out of interest what program did you use to disable it?   

Options

16 Posts

04-20-2014

United States

18 Signins

244 Page Views

• Views: 244
  • Message 8 of 8

2014-05-13, 18:57 PM

The key with the trackpad symbol with a slash through it also disables the trackpad (the key that is shared with F6), unless that is disabled with the new driver.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms