cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddieh2
What's DOS?
Views: 86
Message 1 of 4

Since Yoga update my tablet turns the screen on more than once a minute wasting battery.

Before the battery would last for weeks. Do others have this problem? What can I do about it?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 56
Message 2 of 4

Re: Since Yoga update my tablet turns the screen on more than once a minute wasting battery.

Probably going to need a little more information. Which Yoga model and configuration?  What do you mean by "Yoga update?" What, specifically, was updated. 

And what do you mean by "turning the screen on?"  Do you mean it resumes from sleep? Need some more information, please.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Eddieh2
What's DOS?
Views: 35
Message 3 of 4

Re: Since Yoga update my tablet turns the screen on more than once a minute wasting battery.

YT3-X50F.

I mean a Windows software update.

Yes it constantly was waking up although I changed something in Settings and I think I might have sorted it. It was a pain - the battery was doing about 2 days when supposedly asleep instead of weeks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 33
Message 4 of 4

Some advice if you don't mind. If the computer's not going to be used for over an hour, use "hibernate" instead of "sleep." FAR less likely to accidentally awaken and the current status of the computer is written to the hard drive rather than kept in RAM. As fast as these things boot, there's really no reason to use "sleep" for any more than an hour unless you have to because of some timed task it has to perform. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors