Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 151
Message 1 of 5

Some questions about C930 from new user

Hi, I just got my machine. I have a few questions:

1. About 4.5 cm to the right of the webcam, I see a small hole on the LCD. What is that for? Is it a broken piece of glass from the panel?

2. What is the best pen for this laptop?

3. During Customize Your Experience, I am asked to select if the laptop is for Personal Use, Home and Office use or Employee use. This is a laptop I bought using my own money. I use it for personal use and also for teaching at school. In this case, which option should I select?

4. Is there a list of things that I should check when I open the box the first time?

5. For maintaining good battery life, should I keep the laptop charged all the time or charge it only when it is low in battery?

6. Is there other charger (be it from lenovo or from 3rd party) that is lighter than the stock AC adapter and perhaps can also charge the device faster?

7. When I opened the LCD, I saw a thin black sheet. Kind of like a screen protector likes the white piece of thin paper that came with brand new MBP. Is it advisable to always keep it in between the screen and the keyboard whenever I travel with the laptop?

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 133
Message 2 of 5

Re: Some questions about C930 from new user

Hi,

Is this a C930 Yoga or Yoga Book? Either way it's in the wrong forum Smiley Wink  Let us know which so we can move the thread.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 121
Message 3 of 5

Yoga C930 please. So C930 is not considered to be C series Notebook but a Yoga?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 116
Message 4 of 5

@lenovotv wrote:

Yoga C930 please. So C930 is not considered to be C series Notebook but a Yoga?

That's where it goes in the forums - at least that's my understanding.  Then there's the Yoga Book C930, and that goes in its own forum.  Then there are the X1 Thinkpads - which all go in X, even though one is a Yoga.  And so it goes...

I wish I could offer some reasonable way to figure out what goes where - other than just having a look in specific forums - but that's way above my pay grade.  I just work volunteer here Smiley Wink

Thread moved.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

lenovotv
HDMI
Views: 113
Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors