Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabelman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,301
Message 1 of 4

Sound doesn't work from speakers but works with headphones

I'm using the  Yoga 2.  My sound wasn't working well so I figured I'd try to use it with a headphones. After using it with headphones, now the sound doesn't work at all through the speakers.  Any clue what can be causing this?  I'm using Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 18,226
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sound doesn't work from speakers but works with headphones

Lot of possible causes. Let's start by updating all your drivers and expecially your BIOS. Sometimes, that's all it takes.

Let's also make sure you didn't inadvertantly mute them by pressing F1. Right click on the speaker icon in the task bar and select Open Volume Mixer. Could be that the speaker slider is just all the way down.

Next, make sure the speakers show up under Playback Devices in your Sound Control Panel  (Windows Key, type "sound" and it should come to the top of the list). See if your speakers are listed. If not, right click anywhere in the box and tick "show dissconected devices" and "show disabled devices." Enable the speakers if they've been disabled and start some audio playing. You should see the green meters to the right of the speaker icon start bouncing. 

At this point, there's another simple thing to try. Plug and unplug the headphones several times with audio playing. 

That's enough for the moment. Let us know the results of all of this before we move on.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
gabelman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,219
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for responding.  I found the answer here this morning. I didn't see it last night.But, I appreciate you taking your time to respond.  Here's th link should anyone else be looking for it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-Speaker-stopped-working-headset...

Angamarti
What's DOS?
Views: 17,356
Message 4 of 4

Installing Intel chipset drivers solved mine...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors