Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AxelH1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,739
Message 1 of 16

Sound stopped working- Lenovo Yoga 710

I have only been using this laptop for one month. Last night it had an update and when I tried to us my laptop I noticed the sound isn't working at all. When I tried trouble shooting, the system couldn't detect a problem. Please could you help?

Thanks 

PR

Guru
Views: 6,631
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sound stopped working- Lenovo Yoga 710

Try reinstalling the audio driver first: 

11 inch Yoga 710: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-710-11ikb/downloads/D...

14 & 15 inch: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-710-14isk/downloads/D...

Since this issue occured after a Windows update, you can always go back to an earlier build. If the above steps doesn't work, then search "Reset" on Windows Search. Next, click on "Reset this PC". After that, you'll see "Go back to an earlier build". 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

AxelH1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,621
Message 3 of 16

Hello and thank you so much for the help! 

I installed the driver and the audio is working again!

Guru
Views: 6,619
Message 4 of 16

Awesome, glad that helped!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

AxelH1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,617
Message 5 of 16

I was wondering if you could help me with something else? Whenever I play any audio out loud, the quality of the sound is awful and produces a crackling noise which is very annoying. Is there any way of solving this problem? 

Guru
Views: 6,615
Message 6 of 16

Try restarting after the driver install.

Regards,
Eric Xu

AxelH1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,613
Message 7 of 16

Done that already
Guru
Views: 6,610
Message 8 of 16

Was it like this before the Windows update? 

Regards,
Eric Xu

pj530i
What's DOS?
Views: 6,578
Message 9 of 16

@AxelH1 wrote:

I was wondering if you could help me with something else? Whenever I play any audio out loud, the quality of the sound is awful and produces a crackling noise which is very annoying. Is there any way of solving this problem? 

Try disabling the Dolby Audio app.  It should have a tray icon you can right click to disable their processing.

I think the dolby audio effects are awful and uninstalled the software entirely.

Theo17
What's DOS?
Views: 6,147
Message 10 of 16

Hello!

I have a similar problem! I have had mu speakers cut out after the last update yesterday, so i installed the driver for audio from the link, HOWEVER, now i have a different problem!!!! the computer speakers and headphones work at the same time when the headphones are plugged in, AND the headphones produce a flat sound with no bass whatsoever. The realtek driver says that my headphones are a microphone when plugged in....

I installed the realtek driver, i had Intel high def driver previously on my 710 15inch, maybe that is a problem? but i cannot find the inter high def audio driver anywhere. 

Could someone help? i got the computer a few weeks ago and this is rather disappointing!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors