Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drofidnas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,613
Message 1 of 5

Spacebar unresponsive at either end

I'd expect the spacebar to be pressable across its entire length but occasionally if i'm pressing it at the right hand side it is unresponsive. It clicks but no space appears. It's the same at the left but I don't hit that end when typing. It seems a major flaw that the travel of the key is only opearbale about 10mm in.

Anyone else? I've read about the problem on other Yogas but not this one. Is it a mechanical fault that can be repaired?

Drofidnas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,563
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spacebar unresponsive at either end

(BUMP)

Surely I can't be the only 910 owner with this issue?

Currently in discussion with Lenovo to replace it.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,555
Message 3 of 5

Good day.

Thanks for specifying which Yoga you have (910). It may help others in giving their impressions.

In my experience, with my Yoga 910, I don't see the issue you describe. The space bar registers a 'space' while typing wherever I press it.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Drofidnas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,542
Message 4 of 5

Oops sorry, I didn't reliase I hadn't specifed the model.

In any case, it's a moot point now. Whilst still waiting for Lenovo to come back to me I actually fixed it myself. I noticed that the space bar was slightly down at either end, so popped it off with a screwdriver and lo and behold, the two little thin bars that run its length were not clicked into the clips properly, thus the pressure was not being equally distributed across its length. 

Whether this was a duff model or it was reconditioned (I bought new off ebay from a seller who'd been offered it as a replacement for a faulty 710) I don't know.

Either way it's much better now and with my shift and up arrow remapped and swapped over I have a laptop I can actually type on. Now Microsoft just need to fix the scaling problem with high DPI displays...

Thanks.

Mike4900
Paper Tape
Views: 2,961
Message 5 of 5

Exactly the same issues here, HDPI and Spacebar will try your trick

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors