Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-17-2021

India

10 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Stripes on display (Yoga 2 Pro)

2021-06-17, 11:05 AM

I first started seeing one horizontal white line on my yoga 2 pro, which gradually increased in number over time. It's present in BIOS screen also.

All the Lenovo outlets in India said "You need to replace the display and we'll charge you this much" without even asking to see my laptop first!

Can't it be due to loose connection or something else? I've attached a picture below. Thanks in advance!

Options

4518 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

359 Signins

34302 Page Views

• Views: 34302
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Stripes on display (Yoga 2 Pro)

2021-06-17, 13:12 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums @ DrTrisha!

Thanks for posting here!

Is the lines also visible when the Yoga 2 Pro laptop is booting up?

Also, please share here your Yoga 2 Pro laptop's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Try moving the Yoga 2 Pro laptop's display lid while it's ON and see if the lines will sort of like scatter/move or even be more visible or disappear.

You may also try connecting it to an external monitor to test as well.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

2 Posts

06-17-2021

India

10 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-06-17, 13:47 PM

Thanks for prompt reply! :)

MTM: 59394177

The stripes doesn't change with display lid position, but the numbers are gradually increasing.

I connected this laptop to TV via HDMI, and of course, the TV shows no such stripes.

One thing I'd like share that this incident started after I once unknowingly plugged my laptop in when powerline was supplying around 270 V. I don't even know whether the adapter is fine or not :(

20210617_185159.jpg 20210617_190518.jpg
Options

160 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

141 Signins

975 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 975
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-06-17, 15:28 PM
It's easy to remove the base so you can try to locate the ribbon cable for the screen to see if it's seated properly.
Options

4518 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

359 Signins

34302 Page Views

• Views: 34302
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-06-17, 15:41 PM

@ DrTrisha wrote:

Thanks for prompt reply! :)

MTM: 59394177

The stripes doesn' change with display lid position, but the numbers are gradually increasing.

I connected this laptop to TV via HDMI, and of course, the TV shows no such stripes.

One thing I' like share that this incident started after I once unknowingly plugged my laptop in when powerline was supplying around 270 V. I don' even know whether the adapter is fine or not :(

Thanks for providing your device's details @ DrTrisha!

Please try updating your Yoga 2 Pro laptop's Display/GPU and Intel Chipset drivers, restart the device and test it again.

Also, see if there's an available Windows OS update to the machine and download/install it as well.

Should the issue still occurs after performing those steps, it would be advisable to have the Yoga 2 Pro laptop be brought to any local service providers near your area for them to inspect the machine itself and for further recommendations especially if there's a possible hardware concern that may require repairs for it to work properly again.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire about their store's policy when it comes to repairing out of warranty devices.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms