Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan92
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,735
Message 1 of 4

Stuck On Restart

Hi there. I just bought my Yoga 720 this morning. After the initial start up and that whole process, the computer said it needed to complete a windows update and began to restart. The computer has now been on the restart screen with the spinning wheel for several hours. I haven’t done anything else to it yet because I don’t want to mess anything up. Should I let it continue to restart even though it’s been several hours or should I hold the power button and try a hard restart or something?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,727
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stuck On Restart

If it has been a couple of hours, press and hold the power button until it powers off and it should resume on restart.

Please reply back on how it went.

Best of luck,

shreader
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,515
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the tip JDGillis, I used it on my Lenovo T480 laptop after installing Win10 updates /restarting was stuck on screen for 45 - 50 minutes. I took your advise, let it rest 2-3 minutes after shutdown then upon restart the (some of?) updates installed & laptop started normally.
You da man
Ro-wenaC
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 4 of 4

Don’t know how to start a new thread so I’m posting under this one. I am going through a similar problem with my Lenovo C40-05. I advanced restarted it and it’s taken hours now. It started out with the black screen with a Lenovo logo on it and then a (slooooowww) count-up percentage of how the reset is going. I began the process around 5:20pm. In morning I woke up to the same thing but the percentage was gone. Now it’s just a black screen with the Lenovo logo on it. I have turned off and unplugged it and then turned it back on a few times and it just greets me with the same Lenovo black screen. So idk what to do. Was hoping someone would help me out here before I take it somewhere Smiley Sad thanks for reading! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors