Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohitk12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,010
Message 1 of 5

Stuck pixel

Just got a new ideapad was very excited but when booted up for the first time there appeared a bright red dot in the middle of the display it is really annoying and dissapointing that lenovo  delivers such kind of products,tried to call customer care many times they dont give a clear solution i want my laptop replaced as soon as possible because it is a hardware issue,hope to get a solution soon ....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,991
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stuck pixel

Don't know  your model number or I could perhaps give more specific help. 

Does the "bright red dot" appear when you boot into BIOS or at the Lenovo splash screen? IOW, before loading an OS. If you boot into BIOS or SETUP (depending on your computer and OS) and it's not there, something else is amiss.

You can confirm the stuck pixel with deadpixelbuddy.com and try a couple of fixes from here.  That would at least save you the turnaround time. Otherwise, contact Lenovo support and get it swapped out.

For what it's worth, it's not just Lenovo. Stuck or dead pixels is a common issue with any device the uses LCD panels, from phones to television sets. I've had to free up a couple on television sets I've owned. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Rohitk12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,985
Message 3 of 5

Model name is 80XL(Lenovo idea pad 320E-15lKB D ,if you can provide some kind of help it would be great,in bios mode it is not visible because the background there is white in colour I face the issue when back ground is of dark color like black
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,972
Message 4 of 5

If you're pretty sure it's a stuck pixel and not some malfunctioning software loading at startup, I'd at least give something such as PixelHealer a try before returning the device. There may be other software available that does basically the same thing. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
pankaj_padamwar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,477
Message 5 of 5

Hi Rohit , I got the laptop with the same issue as mentioned by you . My laptop model is also same . Please let me know whether lenovo replaced your laptop . I bought my laptop from flipkart .

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors