Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-17-2014

Nebraska

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 5

Stylus to write on PDFs on Yoga 2 Pro

2014-07-17, 17:14 PM

Hi all,

I have a Yoga 2 Pro and Nitro PDF (which lets me edit and save PDFs).  Do you know if there is a stylus I can get with which I can write notes on a PDF file, and then save that PDF with the notes?  (I think NitroPDF will let me do the latter, so I probably just need a stylus, but if anyone is doing this then could you tell me which software, in addition to which stylus, you are using)?

Thanks so much!

Options

2 Posts

07-25-2014

minnestoa

1 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Stylus to write on PDFs on Yoga 2 Pro

2014-07-25, 18:16 PM

I just installed nitro 9 and took some notes in the trial version (looking for a free version)

When I loaded a pdf file, I took some notes on the document by going to the review tab.  After selecting either drawing or add note under annotations I resaved the document.  For a stylus I use ifrogz pen stylus (from target or walmart for under $20), fits in your pocket, looks nice, and you can use it on the computer or paper.

If you find anthing else that works let me know.

Hank

wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Yoga 2 Pro and Nitro PDF (which lets me edit and save PDFs).  Do you know if there is a stylus I can get with which I can write notes on a PDF file, and then save that PDF with the notes?  (I think NitroPDF will let me do the latter, so I probably just need a stylus, but if anyone is doing this then could you tell me which software, in addition to which stylus, you are using)?

Thanks so much!

Options

75 Posts

02-21-2014

California

81 Signins

1288 Page Views

• Views: 1288
  • Message 3 of 5

2014-07-26, 1:21 AM

I used to use a Bamboo Alpha stylus pen which was okay... This laptop isn't that great for writing on notes. Personally, I think Nitro PDF is super laggy and it's not a good program to use when annotating PDFs. Try a metro app like "Binder" or "Xodo Docs" which are free. It's much more smoother. Still, I don't recommend you use a stylus at all.

Options

2 Posts

07-25-2014

minnestoa

1 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-07-26, 4:30 AM
I'll try those two apps, thanks for the help.

Options

75 Posts

02-21-2014

California

81 Signins

1288 Page Views

• Views: 1288
  • Message 5 of 5

2014-07-26, 6:33 AM

Also, just throwing this out there, if anyone needs a good stylus notetaking app, you guys should try out "Bamboo Paper". It recently came out in the Windows Store and with my bamboo pen, it works great!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms