Options

1 Posts

11-12-2018

US

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 1

Successful UEFI Linux on Yoga 720-13IKB (Type 80X6)

2018-11-12, 16:51 PM

Hey there, after hours of tinkering and countless threads with no obvious answer I have managed to install Ubuntu 18.04 in UEFI mode.

Touchpad and Active pen (v1) work. Onscreeen keyboard pops on touch input, keyboard lock in tablet mode and screen ratation work as well. Many of you asked these questions without answers. Thank you nameless developers who made it work.

It's not a definite guide. I want to show you how I did it. I will make it short, it will be chaotic enough. I will not cover the basics and assume you are starting from windows 10.

1) To create USB installer get Rufus. I have used 3.0 USB pendrive, Kingston Datatraveler 100 G3. During Rufus configuration set partition scheme to GPT. When you are ready click start. Window will pop, choose ISO.

2) Get to the UEFI configuration in Windows 10. Under Configuration tab select SATA setting to AHCI (It will brick your windows 10, there are guides about it if you care). Go further to Secutity tab and select "Reset to Setup Mode". Go to Boot tab and set it to Legacy Support.

3) F10, select whatever and your Live version or insaller should start.

4) After you finish the installation you can paste in

[ -d /sys/firmware/efi ] && echo "EFI boot on HDD" || echo "Legacy boot on HDD"

to check if your system is using UEFI.

5) If the output was positive you can now go to the UEFI again and select "UEFI Only" boot option.

systemctl reboot --firmware-setup

PS you will need to manually sign secure boot keys, funny thing. Boot time is bad as well. I have managed to reduce boot time to 9 seconds for now.

systemd-analyze time

Happy lurking,

Rudenick

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save