cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sydaxx
What's DOS?
Views: 397
Message 1 of 4

Synaptics WBDI Error Code 10 - Yoga 720-15IKB Laptop (ideapad)

Hi there.

I have a Yoga 720-15IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80X7. Also have a low to mid level technical ability. Device keeps giving the Synaptics WBDI Error Code 10.

1. Tried updating the driver - did not resolve issue'; and
2. Tried disabling and re-enabling - did not resolve issue; and
3. Tried to manually find and install the latest driver - Message that the latest driver is installed; and
4. Treed reloading windows 10 - Did not resolve issue; and
5. Tried updating windows 10 - Did not resolve issue.

Has anyone been able to fix this? Can anyone please help with this?

Thank you in advance for your support and help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 305
Message 2 of 4

Re: Synaptics WBDI Error Code 10 - Yoga 720-15IKB Laptop (ideapad)

Hello Sydaxx! Welcome to Community Forums.

Did you change the operating system of the machine? What is the fingerprint reader driver version? Try to search for a compatible driver using the Lenovo Vantage utility. Open Lenovo Vantage (download if not installed) then go to System Updates.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Sydaxx
What's DOS?
Views: 293
Message 3 of 4

Hi there,

Thank you for posting on this thread. Please see the responses below:

Did you change the operating system of the machine?

Yes. We upgraded the HDD. Reinstalled the OS. Updated drivers. now have this issue.

What is the fingerprint reader driver version?

Version: 5.3.3525.26

Date: 5/16/2018

Provider: Synaptics Incorporated

Try to search for a compatible driver using the Lenovo Vantage utility. Open Lenovo Vantage (download if not installed) then go to System Updates.

Found it, downloaded and installed it. Ran the system update. Came back with no updates. Looked for drivers. Found a 2017 driver however I was unable to download the driver. When I tried to download the 2017 driver it gave me an error. Thinking that if I could uninstall the current driver and install the 2017 driver, It may solve issue. Cannot do that on the IBM support site.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

davidbenton
802.11n
Views: 292
Message 4 of 4

There is a thread on this on the Microsoft Community forum. (I have no experience of the issue myself - I just googled it).

The conclusion there was that the problem related to a Windows 10 update. You'd need to look there for the details.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/synaptics-wbdi-cannot-start/69...

What might work (you should make sure you've got what you need to hand in case it doesn't) - is to uninstall the current driver -the one with "sgx" at the end of it's name - and opt to delete the driver. Then immediately restart. This (hopefully) will enforce the system to look for the correct driver and install it rather than just go back to the one you just uninstalled.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors