cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpad-rex
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,442
Message 1 of 6

Synaptics WBDI SGX - Fingerprint broken on Yoga 920-13IKB after Camera and WLAN updates

No fingerprint reader after updates. Biomettrics Device - Synaptics WBDI SGX shows as broken in Device Manager - "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". I've uinstalled/reinstalled/updated about 20 times - no luck.  The issue ppears to have been triggered by the most recent "Bison" camera update. Any help appreciated, this 920 has been a bit of a challenge!

Guru
Views: 3,370
Message 2 of 6

Re: Synaptics WBDI SGX - Fingerprint broken on Yoga 920-13IKB after Camera and WLAN updates

I worried about the Bison update, as well. But, it went smoothly for me. 

Did some digging.. make sure nothing disabled Intel SGX. Use the NOVO button to boot into bios, navigate to Intel SGX settings under security and make sure it shows "Enabled." 

Also, use Lenovo Vantage to make sure everything else is up-to-date, though I guess if you got the Bison camera update, you probably have everything else up to date. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
TacticalSquid
What's DOS?
Views: 1,756
Message 3 of 6

Re: Synaptics WBDI SGX - Fingerprint broken on Yoga 920-13IKB after Camera and WLAN updates

Just had this issue myself after letting the auto update applet do its thing on the lenovo support website. It updated to a version released sometime in march. (dont really wanna reinstall it again to verify the date). Strange thing is, my first thought was to just roll back the driver and it wouldn't let me which I found strange.  Problem Driver version/date: 5.1.330.26 (03/29/18)

So here's what you do:

goto device manager,

find the device,

right click update driver, 

click browse,

click let me pick from drivers installed on this computer, 

try and load an earlier version of the driver, I went back to 5.1.327.26 (10/27/2017) and its working fine again.

CornyjK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,589
Message 4 of 6

I have got same issue on Yoga 720 after updating fingerprint driver, only solution worked on me is reverting driver update, I hope Lenovo will release newer driver soon.

BronxKayotick
Paper Tape
Views: 659
Message 5 of 6

delete synaptics and restart computer. will fix problem

Cricce
What's DOS?
Views: 75
Message 6 of 6

Thanks! Worked great on 720s 14" also as I had the same problem with the fingerprint reader after a update.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors