cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooha123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,714
Message 1 of 9

THE LENOVO YOGA 13 is getting really hot after a while!!!

I have purchased a new yoga 13, and i have had for about a month and since start the laptop gets really hot to put on your lap... what is the problem? PLZZZ Help!!

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 6,623
Message 2 of 9

Re: THE LENOVO YOGA 13 is getting really hot after a while!!!

Are you doing anything cpu intensive? Are you blocking the vent? There could be many explanations, so you need to give us a bit more information.
Dhan1
Paper Tape
Views: 6,618
Message 3 of 9

ye I have same problem as well. My laptop really gets hot on the left side like at the bottom
fwzahd
What's DOS?
Views: 6,184
Message 4 of 9

l have the same problem with my Yoga 13. that it went deaad and I chnaged the motherboard with a new one but still get hot at the lef bottom. I am really worried if it will stop working again.

dumbth
SCSI Port
Views: 6,165
Message 5 of 9

If you mean the yoga1, it gets hot in laptop mode if you charge at the same time. So you can unplug. Also there is a cpu limiter that goes into effect in tablet mode, which you maybe could use in laptop mode via the bios. Anyway I don't rest the bottom on my lap, but tilt it with keyboard up on my stomach a bit.

But the main thing is that you are wasting the whole concept of a convertible in laptop mode. Either use it 80% in tablet, or exchange it for a regular laptop. Tablet (or tent, etc) is very liberating and you can get used to doing that except for a couple minutes every hour to flip it to keyboard intensive mode. In tablet mode, always face the air vents up or away from you for easy cooling.

Former Employee
Views: 6,149
Message 6 of 9

Hi all,

Thanks for posting, I was just wondering what is the BIOS version you have at the moment? Another thinkI'd like to know is that are you running Win8 or Win8.1?

fwzahd
What's DOS?
Views: 6,128
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Windows 8.1, the BIOS Version is  66cn51ww. but the problem was same on Windows 8.

soon after seeing tour reply I updated the BIOS to version 66cn55ww. I dont know if this will help??

Former Employee
Views: 6,108
Message 8 of 9

Hi fwzahd,

Thanks for posting. Now that you've updated the latest BIOS, how is your system running now? is still the same?

regards
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,379
Message 9 of 9
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors