Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 629
Message 1 of 10

THE YOGA BATTERY THREAD

I've started this topic so people can post info on their Yoga's battery status and health. This will allow others to compare this pooled information and offer advice and tips. This thread is for listing your battery info and disscussing battery strategies only. Please list your information in the following format - 

Model of laptop -

Screen size and type -

Did you get it new (Y/n) -

How long have you had it -

Listed design capacity of battery -

Current full charge capacity -

How long does it last on a full charge test - 

How do you generaly use your laptop - 

Note: if you aren't using the Lenovo software to view battery health you can still run a report in Windows 10 to gather this info. To do so, open an admin command prompt or Powershell and run the following command - powercfg /batteryreport. Next browse to the folder and open the report.

For the full charge test charge it all the way up and turn off any screen power management, sleep and hibernate, make low and reserve power management do nothing, set critical power management to 1% and  set the action to hibernate. Also set your screen saver to 1 min and turn on the 'mystify' screen saver (so it will use a little GPU).

For the 'how do you generally use your laptop,' please list out what your general usage entails (just light browsing or intensive video editing) and also your charge strategy.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 626
Message 2 of 10

Re: THE YOGA BATTERY THREAD

Model of laptop - 710-14IKB (80V4 002345)

Screen size and type - 14" touchscreen 1080p

Did you get it new - Yes

How long have you had it - 1 year

Listed design capacity of battery - 53 Wh

Current full charge capacity - 45.16 Wh

How long does it last on a full charge test - 6hrs 20mins

How do you generaly use your laptop - My laptop is almost never used while plugged in. Recently I was a little baffeled that my full charge capacity was listed at only 37 Wh. I decided to go through two full charge tests, which increased the listed full charge capacity to 45.16 Wh but that still seems low for a laptop that is only 1 year old (bought mid-March last year). Sadly, I did not record the full charge capacity right out of the box. I did however learn that the full charge capacity listed is NOT set in stone and can be increased and decreased. The full charge test had my laptop running over 6 hours though, which is okay for my use.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 588
Message 3 of 10

I'm just bumping this to see if anyone else would like to contribute their battery info.
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 553
Message 4 of 10

UPDATE
Good news! After getting my battery's listed full charge capacity up to 45.16 Wh, I used it for a bit and then performed another full charge test and the listed full charge capacity went up to 48.86 Wh! This just goes to show how necessary a full charge test (battery calibration) is.

I'm hoping some other Yoga users can add their experiences.

starfals
Paper Tape
Views: 509
Message 5 of 10

Model of laptop - 710-14IKB

Screen size and type - 14" touchscreen 1080p

Did you get it new (Y/n) -Yes

How long have you had it - 1 year

Listed design capacity of battery - 53 Wh

Current full charge capacity - 48 Wh

How long does it last on a full charge test - 4 hours and 30m, maybe 5.

How do you generaly use your laptop - 

One time, i turn on all battery saving options, brightness to 0, just played 480p movies on my laptop, it lasted around 4 hours. Then, i did the same but with WIFI On and i loaded youtube, again 480p videos and again.. 4 hours and like 30 m.  Sometimes i browse websites and watch a video here, i read a news there.. and boom = 4 hours and 50m. This laptop never had anything close to the 8 hours + reviews praise or amazon/retailers info. On day one, it had a 6 hour life, and i didnt even touch it. I just tested how long it can last if i dont do anything, just screen on for as long as i can have it on. Nothing running. If i use brightness on max (or above 30 %) battery life is UNDER 4 hours, even with energy saving stuff on. I m scard of turning them off, because it will probably go down to 3 hours. Great laptop, but  i really needed it for the awesome "huge" battery.. Lenovo just lied, and i couldnt return it, not even on day one. Everyone said: It works, so u cant return it. I got it because i travel alot and i need a big battery... jokes on me right?

starfals
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 6 of 10

Btw, when you calibarate it, is it just entering the battery life info command? Cuz theres nothing else to do, and u dont mention anything else either ;p If that fixes it somehow then yea.. i still got really horrible battery life. 3-4 hours tops, depending if i use WI FI or brightness at 1 %( yes 1) or 50.. 50 kills the battery superfast)

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 464
Message 7 of 10

No, calibrating the battery is running it through a full use cycle (I would do it twice). Go through the full charge steps outlined in my first post twice. Charge it up and let it drain all the way down to when it goes to hibernate, then do it again.
Also, is the system just 'reporting' 4 hours and 30 mins or is it really running 4 hours and 30 mins and then shutting down? Before I did the calibrations mine was reporting around what your was even though it was lasting longer.
starfals
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 8 of 10

It really is 4 hours and something, i used my phone to time it. Im draining the battery now, i hope it gets better with the thing you said, if not.. shame ;p It was the reason why i got the laptop lol

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 438
Message 9 of 10

In addition to the above steps, be sure to reset any manual power management changes you've made.
Some of them can really eat up your battery and offer little to no benefit.
starfals
Paper Tape
Views: 359
Message 10 of 10

Sure did, and its still hovering around 4.5 hours.. actually, today i tested it... and it it was with 10 mins shorter ;p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors