cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjsmontesa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 230
Message 1 of 3

There's a crackling noise whenever sounds play while my Yoga 920's screen is off

This issue became more apparent recently while I was listening to music. My laptop shut off the screen and locked as usual, and soon after I could hear intermittent crackling noises. When I went back into my laptop the noises stop. This also happens whenever I wake up my laptop from sleep mode and that system-sound plays. Has anyone experienced this? 

I bought my laptop a few months ago and all my drivers are up-to-date. I'm running everything as it was shipped minus my Elementary OS installation (I dual-boot). 

ageokay
What's DOS?
Views: 73
Message 2 of 3

Re: There's a crackling noise whenever sounds play while my Yoga 920's screen is off

I also have this problem. As prompted by Lenovo support, I am sending the machine in to get fixed--however I have seen in other posts that the issue is permanent and replacement of the audio board doesn't always fix it. If sending it in doesn't fix the problem, I will be getting my money back and buying from another manufacturer.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 34
Message 3 of 3

Re: There's a crackling noise whenever sounds play while my Yoga 920's screen is off

Hi! Welcome to our forums community. Does it happens under the Windows OS? If yes, does the issue persist when using a headset? Here are the list of compatible Lenovo machines for Linux OS: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors