Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 17

ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 - touch sreen stopped working

2021-06-26, 22:36 PM

Brand new ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 - not even 4 weeks old. All of a sudden, touch screen stops responding. I didn't hit or drop it, nothing at all.

Windows installed bunch of updates and it coincided with the start of touch screen problems.

Driver is being reported as working. It does not work in BIOS setup either.

Is there a diagnostic check or something??

Thanks

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3538 Signins

43895 Page Views

• Views: 43895
  • Message 2 of 17

Re:ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 - touch sreen stopped working

2021-06-26, 23:32 PM

Hi there,

As a first step, I recommend these steps to update, reinstall, or rollback the touch screen driver.  After this, restart the machine and see if the touch screen works. 

a. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the results.

b. Expand the Human Interface Devices category.
Human Interface Devices

c. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, select Update driver and follow the prompts to update the driver. Restart the system and see if the issue is resolved. If not, try the next step.

d. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, select Uninstall device, and then, in the Uninstall Device dialog box, select Uninstall. If you see two HID-compliant touchscreen drivers, right-click the first, select Uninstall device, select Uninstall, and then repeat the process for the second driver.

e. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen. Right-click Properties. Select the Driver tab. Select Roll Back Driver and follow the prompts.

If these don't work, try updating the machine on both Lenovo Vantage and Windows Updates

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate. I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2021-06-27, 14:58 PM

Hi,

I did exactly as you suggested. I even re-installed Windows to factory. Nothing helps at all.

I think this is a hardware issue - touch screen does not work in BIOS setup either.

What to do?? If nothing can be done, I would like to return it and get a replacement.

Thanks

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3538 Signins

43895 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2021-06-27, 15:39 PM

Hi,

That does seem like a hardware fault.  If you purchased the laptop from Lenovo.com directly, you can request a replacement from the order visibility portal: https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp-new/public/showdetail

If you purchased it from a retailer, check your return policy because it may be different from 30 days, but you can request a replacement from there too.

If you're outside the return period, contact Lenovo support for a repair/replacement under warranty at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en

Regards,
Eric Xu

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2021-06-27, 21:00 PM

hi,

I ordered it from Lenovo page.

There's no "Replace" option here, only "Return": https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp-new/public/showdetail

It is still under warranty - how do I request an exchange?

Thanks

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3538 Signins

43895 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2021-06-27, 21:30 PM

Hi, 

I recommend first checking with post-sales support for an exchange... you can reach out to them at 1-855-253-6686 #3

You can also chat with them under "Need help with an existing order": https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/contact

If your purchase is outside the return window, you'll need to contact technical support at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/.  They usually offer a repair first, but try asking for a replacement to see if they're able to do that for you. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

3 Posts

07-03-2021

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 7 of 17

2021-07-03, 16:11 PM

Hello! I also encountered the exact same problem. My ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 touch screen is not working after updating the system. Did you finally solve the problem?

Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2021-07-03, 16:54 PM

Nope. I've asked for the replacement.

Now that I see you have the same problem, it really could be a problem with an update. But of course, neither Lenovo nor Microsoft would ever admit to that.

Options

5 Posts

11-07-2015

usa

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 9 of 17

2021-07-13, 6:22 AM

I just got the Yoga X1 Gen 6 machine as well.  First the touch screen was working, but not the touch pad.  So I erased the machine by reinstalling windows 10. Then, oh joy, the touch pad worked.  But -- Oh Oh -- now the touch screen no longer works.  I've tried all the rigmarole of disabling and re-enabling and updating drivers and rolling back drivers. No joy.  I called in and got permission to return for a replacement, but I'm not super optimistic that the new one will be able to "chew gum and walk" at the same time either...that is, to support touch pad and touch screen.  Too bad, it's a nice macihine.

Options

2618 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3538 Signins

43895 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2021-07-13, 21:41 PM

Hi all,

There is an emergency reset hole on the bottom of the laptop, try using a small paper clip to reset the computer and see if that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms