Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-07-2015

usa

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6 - touch sreen stopped working

2021-07-14, 17:08 PM

Thanks, Eric, I didn't know about the emergency reset hole.  Not that it helps in my current situation, which is, again that the touch pad works, but not the touch screen, and this is on my new X1 Yoga Gen 6.  I guess I should try Lenovo tech support, duh.

I had planned to just return the box and get a replacement and see if that helps, and I got return approval, but turns out I can't get a replacement, as this model is no longer available.  I don't want to go up to the Titnaium Yoga, as I hear the keyboard isn't very good --- and I'm an author, writing all day long.  But I don't want to go to a plain X1, as the X1 Yoga Gen 6 has the 16 by 10 screen aspect, which is nice if you're a writer. And I got it a decent price.

So for now I'll keep it, and live with the lack of a functioning touch screen, and hope that down the line there will be a driver fix for this.

Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 12 of 17

2021-07-15, 1:41 AM

@EricX 

Can you explain something to me.

How can it be Windows driver's fault if the touch screen does not work in BIOS setup either?

This surely has to be a hardware issue, right?

Options

2621 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3540 Signins

43935 Page Views

• Views: 43935
  • Message 13 of 17

2021-07-15, 1:53 AM

Yes, if it isn't working in the BIOS, it's likely a hardware issue. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate. I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Options

7 Posts

06-26-2021

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 14 of 17

2021-07-15, 2:57 AM

@Lorenzo_Lenovo

Need your help please! 

Options

5 Posts

11-07-2015

usa

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 15 of 17

2021-07-17, 3:04 AM

Thanks Eric, I didn't know that trick for reset. In any case I finally called up Lenovo tech support, and we troubleshot the non-working touchscreen a little over the phone. Oddly enough the the touch pen is working  on the screen. But not my finger. The tech person finally told me to just return it and they'd replace the screen. It'll take about a month in all. 

Options

20 Posts

06-26-2015

United States of America

19 Signins

225 Page Views

• Views: 225
  • Message 16 of 17

2021-07-27, 3:02 AM
I had the same issue and they replaced my entire machine. It took about a month for me, given that it was a rare 32 GB version. I think they had to get it from somewhere in Australia.
Options

5 Posts

11-07-2015

usa

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 17 of 17

2021-08-20, 4:23 AM

So I mailed the X1 Yoga Gen 6 machine in for repairs last month, and they replaced the touchpad and the touchscreen, and it worked great for a month and this morning, I happened to turn the screen all the way back to use it like a tablet --- allegedly this is a valid use of a Yoga model.  And then the touchscreen stopped working.  And I ran through all those upgrade / uninstall / install type suggestions made above and the touchscreen is dead.  Although the touchscreen pen does still work.

So I did a live chat with  Lenovo tech, and they said "Mail it in." And I said "Isn't it unusual to get two bad screens in a row?"  And they said, "No, that often happens."  And I asked "But will the third screen work?"  And they said, "Yes it well."  

Against my better judgement, I think I'm mailing it in to get a third screen. And meanwhile it's back to my old laptop for about a month. And if the X1 Yoga Gen 6 comes back with a working touchscreen, I will never ever try and fold it all the way back to use like a tablet.

At this point I could just get an X1 with a touch screen, and not have it be a Yoga, but my impression is that combo would cost me about $500 more than the X1 Yoga Gen 6 I got...which was on sale...and, hmm, wonder why it was on sale and why they stopped making that model

I might go check those prices before I finalize the repair...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms