Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-14-2014

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 1 of 7

Thinking of Returning (Yogo 2 Pro 13)

2014-04-14, 22:57 PM

So just picked up a Yoga 2 Pro 13 from bestbuy, they had it marked down since a newer model was out but im thinking about returning it.

My model has the QHD+ display and I use photoshop and dreamweaver a lot but the whole resolution and scaling thing seems to just not work well with every application. In order to use the apps I need I have to bump the resolution down to 1080 which is fine but then text is blurry and hard to read no what I do with the settings. 

Im really dissapointed to be honest. The screen also has a small amount of light bleed in the corners and I have one "unkown device" in control panel even though all the drivers are installed and up to date.

The replaement model that Best Buy carries is a regular 1080 display and a 500gb hybrid drive instead of hte SSD like this one has.

I wanted to like this laptop so much but what where they thinking with putting a display like that inside this thing.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinking of Returning (Yogo 2 Pro 13)

2014-04-15, 1:10 AM
The "replacement" model isn't a replacement, that's likely the Yoga 2 13 - it is lower in the model hierarchy than the Yoga 2 Pro even though it was released later. The Yoga 2 Pro is thinner and lighter and has the hi-res screen.

Not every software maker has written their programs to work well with hi-dpi displays like the Yoga 2 Pro. That should happen over time but we're not there yet. There are many complaints on the web about Adobe products in particular.

Personally, I really like the screen. The apps I use (Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio, Office, FireFox, etc.) all work well.
Options

1457 Posts

06-08-2013

Spain

2003 Signins

20068 Page Views

• Views: 20068
  • Message 3 of 7

2014-04-16, 16:21 PM

Adobe is the only one as far as I know. I agree with you there grisjuan.

Have you also tried the ThinkPad Yoga? I recommend that one a lot on the forums. Make sure you get at least a Full HD display. Photoshop doesn't like low-resolution displays.

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Options

61 Posts

02-19-2014

Florida, USA

131 Signins

888 Page Views

• Views: 888
  • Message 4 of 7

2014-04-17, 17:22 PM

wrote:

So just picked up a Yoga 2 Pro 13 from bestbuy, they had it marked down since a newer model was out but im thinking about returning it.

My model has the QHD+ display and I use photoshop and dreamweaver a lot but the whole resolution and scaling thing seems to just not work well with every application. In order to use the apps I need I have to bump the resolution down to 1080 which is fine but then text is blurry and hard to read no what I do with the settings. 

Im really dissapointed to be honest. The screen also has a small amount of light bleed in the corners and I have one "unkown device" in control panel even though all the drivers are installed and up to date.

The replaement model that Best Buy carries is a regular 1080 display and a 500gb hybrid drive instead of hte SSD like this one has.

I wanted to like this laptop so much but what where they thinking with putting a display like that inside this thing.

The sccling issues is not the fault of the laptop or Windows 8, It is the Software manufacturers that has not implemented support for the Ultra high displayes. Yes, it can be a pain and difficult to read.

I had a driver issue also, perhaps not the same as you, but I think uninstalling it and rebooting fixed it. I think it had to do with bluetooth, intel has updated driver on their site (Intel 7260 N Bluetooth/ WiFi combo card)

You may consider the Yoga 2 13 (non pro version), it has a 1080P display and is a bit thicker. I comes with an 500GB HDD, and I don't know if there is an SSD option. No SSD would be a deal breaker for me, I would want to upgrade it to SSD if I went that route.

Options

190 Posts

08-23-2012

United States of America

400 Signins

2801 Page Views

• Views: 2801
  • Message 5 of 7

2014-04-17, 20:22 PM

>> In order to use the apps I need I have to bump the resolution down to 1080 which is fine but then text is blurry and hard to read no what I do with the settings. 

Why would the text be blurry when he makes the resolution 1080? 

Options

61 Posts

02-19-2014

Florida, USA

131 Signins

888 Page Views

• Views: 888
  • Message 6 of 7

2014-04-18, 1:32 AM

wrote:

>> In order to use the apps I need I have to bump the resolution down to 1080 which is fine but then text is blurry and hard to read no what I do with the settings. 

Why would the text be blurry when he makes the resolution 1080? 

Because unlike the old CRT tube monitors Modern LCD type monitors look best when running their native resolution.

If you are running at 1080P you might want to try lowering the scaling also, from 200% to 150% and see if you like that better.

Options

3 Posts

04-14-2014

4 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2014-04-18, 2:11 AM

Thanks for all the feedback everyone,

I decided to go ahead and keep it. Most of my time I'm using it to surf/email and some casual gaming and the 3200 seems to work decently. 

I reinstalled the OS fresh, Updated everything and all is well. Everything seems to work fine.

I have my desktop for when I really want to use Photoshop or any of my graphic programs but I have it on the Yoga just in case and can switch rez. I will try messing with the scaling as well next time I do and see how that turns out.

:)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms