cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,290
Message 1 of 7

Time and date not working on lenovo yoga 2 pro

Lately the time and date on my Lenovo yoga 2 pro are always off by one day and one hour. Even when I change them back to the normal date and time manually, they return to the incorrect date and time. How can I fix this?

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,280
Message 2 of 7

Re: Time and date not working on lenovo yoga 2 pro

Turn off your computer. Press the OKR button (small button next to the power button). Select BIOS> Set the proper time and date.

Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,267
Message 3 of 7

Thank you so much! It worked but now I just hope it'll stay correct.

@indest wrote:

Turn off your computer. Press the OKR button (small button next to the power button). Select BIOS> Set the proper time and date.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,264
Message 4 of 7

Unless your com battery is dead and needs replacement, you should be fine. Then again, I am not sure if this laptop even has a com battery. But if it does, it cost like $5 or less for a new one at a store like Walmart, target, radioshack, etc.
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,135
Message 5 of 7

This same problem has happened again a few times. Tech support says the problem is the cmos battery and I need to send it in to get it fixed. Well, this is my only laptop so I cannot be without it for a few weeks so I can't do that.

This is extremely frustrating because this laptop was purchased less than a year ago. Why is this happening? I had my previous Dell laptop for 6 years and never had an issue like this. This is unacceptable to me. If I could still return it, I would have.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,130
Message 6 of 7

A COM battery should only be replaced if the computer shutsdown and wakes up with the same time. If that is the case, a COM battery cost like $2-$5 in Walmart, target, Walgreens, etc. Plus, it is not hard to replace.

Batteries do die out. The COM battery is a regular cell battery that is not recharged by your cord. Similarly, you can have windows read the time off the internet. Hence, the second the PC gets Internet connection, the time will automatically update to reflect the correct time.
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,121
Message 7 of 7

But if I do it myself, then I've voided the warranty. My warranty doesn't expire until February so I don't want to void it in case something more major happens. Maybe I'll replace the battery in March.

I'll also try to notice when exactly it's happening to make sure that that's actually my issue. Thank you for your reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors