Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Message 1 of 21 (18,043 Views)

Tip: Temp work around for Intel 7260 wireless card problems

I am currently having lot of issues with the Intel 7260 wireless card relating to unstable network connections (i.e. limited or no network connections, frequent dropouts). These problems are quite widespread, so it is not limited to Lenovo branded machines, many other brand of laptops are also having similar problem. This workaround is temporary until the laptop company and intel provides an official fix. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Message 2 of 21 (18,014 Views)

Re: Tip: Temp work around for Intel 7260 wireless card problems

Step 1. Go into your control panel -> System Security -> System 

Step 2. Click on Device Manager on the left hand side of the window.

Step 3. Click on Network Adapters

Step 4. Right click on Intel Wireless 7260, and click on properties

Step 5. Click on Advanced Tab

Step 6. Click on HT Mode and then select disable as an option. 

Disabling the HT mode means you are operating the wireless card in G mode (54 mbps), for some people this is too slow, but it is an acceptable short term solution for preventing frequent network connection dropouts. 

Regards,

Jin Li

Token Ring
Message 3 of 21 (17,998 Views)

Would you please stop publishing your tips here? All of them are already well documented, either in manual or elsewhere on this forum. What is exactly your point? Collecting kudos and solutions?

Message 4 of 21 (17,995 Views)

@Calzone,

This is for Knowledgebase article. If you already know this, please ignore it.
Regards,

Jin Li

Highlighted
Token Ring
Message 5 of 21 (17,991 Views)

I'm not reading some Knowledgebase, this is a discussion forum. Could you please remove your tips from here and move them to the supposed Knowledgebase?

Retired SuperMod
Message 6 of 21 (17,987 Views)

lead_org wrote:
@Calzone,

This is for Knowledgebase article. If you already know this, please ignore it.

Then write them straight into the KB which can be done saving you the extra work of posting them here first

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 7 of 21 (17,872 Views)

If this is a 'short term' solution, what is the long term solution? I'm not asking to be snarky or anything, I'm just wondering why this solution isn't acceptable for the long-term, and what the next step is?

Message 8 of 21 (17,842 Views)

long term solution is when Intel releases a permanent fix for this issue through a driver change. This problem is widespread, and not only affects Lenovo machine.
Regards,

Jin Li

Bit Torrent
Message 9 of 21 (17,827 Views)

[ Edited ]

Intel has known about this issue since 2012, we are now in 2014. This issue has been prevalent since the release of Windows 8 and among several different wifi card, as evident by this 67 page thread

I blame Lenovo for a lack of quality control and Intel for their crappy job. 

Personally, I am trying to do everything by the book to return this laptop. I have contacted Mark_Lenovo for a solution and Lenovo Support. So far, no-one has offered me a solution nor offered to ship me a new wifi card. I have also contacted BB and Lenovo regarding a return. Both claim I am SOL. 

Goanna keep trying to be nice for one more week. Past this and I am contacting the BBB.org on Lenovo and Intel.

Then again I blame myself. I knew what poor quality Lenovo laptops were when my z570 lost touch button and Energy Management software support on Windows 8. Yet I was stupid to buy another laptop from this company. As I stated before, this is one of the worst purchases of my life. -.-

Then again, upon reaching out to Mark, I thought I could trust this company again. He told me to contact him, should I run into issue. Yet, at the first sign of issues, he ignores my messages. 

Moderator Note: Post edited per forum rules.

PS. If a mod is going to delete this, at least msg this post to Mark. For I am truly disappointed in him and Lenovo. For now BBB.org seems like my only solution.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 10 of 21 (17,822 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh god. Well best of luck to you.

You dont' even WANT to know the conversation I just had a couple hours ago with Lenovo. I could write a book. I'll probably post it on my forum topic later, but yeah, I wish you the very best of luck. I don't think I will ever purchase any Lenovo product ever again, [EDIT due to moderator sensitivity] unless they do some serious butt-kissing. My bottom will need to be red from all the kissing it receives for me to even consider...

..ugh. I can't go on or I'll just keep fuming for hours.

Top kudoed Authors