Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellohelp
Paper Tape
Views: 4,011
Message 1 of 4

TouchPad on Lenova Yoga 720-12IKB not working properly

The touchpad on brand new Lenova Yoga 720 does not function properly. After install, mouse pointer does not show and the touchpad does not work. The only way to get around on the computer is the touchscreen. Keyboard still works. A hard reset solves the problem temporarily. To get the mouse to show and the touchpad to work, I will have to hard reset the laptop everytime before desired use. If the computer goes to sleep, the touchpad dissapears. I do not think that the touchpad shows up anywhere in my devices. I am not sure because I do not know what the file may be called. Otherwise, I would uninstall the driver and re install. Support said to download driver off website, there isn't a touchpad driver available for download. I'd like to keep this laptop  and correct this issue. But it is a new computer so if there isn't a solution soon, I will return it instead of wasting time adding to it. Seems that many have had similar issues. Anyone any closer to an answer? Hello? Help?  

lglg
What's DOS?
Views: 3,949
Message 2 of 4

Re: TouchPad on Lenova Yoga 720-12IKB not working properly

I had a similar issue.  If you download/run "Lenovo Vantage" from the Windows App Store, there is "System Update" prompt that will allow you to automatically check for updates on your device.  I tried seaching for a touchpad driver online but I was unable to find one.  When I clicked "Check for Updates" through the app, there was a Elan firmware update for the touchpad that popped up.  I installed it and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Hopefully this helps.

RB22
Paper Tape
Views: 3,717
Message 3 of 4

SOLUTION: for the Yoga 720 12ikb

Problem: after sleep, windows pointer from touchpad dissapears and will not reappear

in your apps should be "Lenovo Vantage" start it;

--System Update: click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device"

-- Check for updates

1st recommended update was the driver: Elan Touchpad IAP for Yoga 720 Win10[64] v1.0.0.3

installed, rebooted

Problem not solved, so started Lenovo Vantage again, .... this time a Bios Update was suggested.

--Install, reboot

Problem solved.,or at this early stage it appears so! ..... you mileage may vary

RB22
Paper Tape
Views: 3,717
Message 4 of 4

SOLUTION: for the Yoga 720 12ikb

Problem: after sleep, windows pointer from touchpad dissapears and will not reappear

in your apps should be "Lenovo Vantage" start it;

--System Update: click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device"

-- Check for updates

1st recommended update was the driver: Elan Touchpad IAP for Yoga 720 Win10[64] v1.0.0.3

installed, rebooted

Problem not solved, so started Lenovo Vantage again, .... this time a Bios Update was suggested.

--Install, reboot

Problem solved.,or at this early stage it appears so!  ..... you mileage may vary

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors