Options

2 Posts

08-07-2020

DE

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchpad doesn't register small finger movements (Yoga Slim 7)

2020-08-08, 0:33 AM

Dear Lenovo Community,

last month I bought the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 with 4700U processor. Unfortunately I noticed that the internal touchpad does not seem to register small and precise finger movements at all. This makes working with texts especially difficult, as the mouse will suddenly jump many pixels ahead, instead of allowing me to focus on a particular letter in a sentence. 

There seems to be a "dead zone", before which the touchpad fails to register any motion at all. This deadzone appears to be slightly bigger than a single letter on screen. Wipping the finger left/right does not move the mouse, or only erratically and rapidly.

The things I already tried:

I have already tried to delete the Touchpad in the Windows Device Manager. Reinstalling the drivers manually was not possible, as Lenovo does not offer any touchpad drivers for the Yoga Slim 7 on their own support website. Windows instead installed standard touchpad drivers automatically. I also played with all available touchpad settings in Windows 10 and set sensitivity to highest. The problem still persists. 

My Questions:

1. Are there any fellow owners of this laptop who experience a similar issue with the touchpad? I'm not sure whether this problem is considered normal (which would still be really questionable), or whether it is a hardware problem. I have owned cheaper laptops already 18 years ago that did not have such a touchpad issue.
  2. Is there any information on why Lenovo does not offer any touchpad driver download, and whether there will be a driver?

Greetings, 

Sensitized

Options

1 Posts

09-21-2020

AT

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Touchpad doesn't register small finger movements (Yoga Slim 7)

2020-09-21, 8:19 AM

Hey i encounter the same issure.

To increase accuracity i reduced the mouse velocity down to three.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete