Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillem72
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 11 of 12

Re: Touchpad doesn't work, no mouse pointer; Yoga 900 Windows 10

Hi,

I have the same problem. Occasionally my touchpad simply disappears. It does not work and is impossibe to find it in device manager. Some times it work again simply reinstalling the dive and restarting the computer, but sometimes doesn't. Usually it happens when an update from windows is silently being installed. So in my oppinion is a compatibility problem with synaptics drivers and win10, I don't thing is a hardware problem.

The solution it always works for me is restarting in safe mode:

1. Press windows key + r

2. write msconfig

3. In the label boot select safe mode and minimun

4. Restart and check the touchpad is working again

5. Repeat the steps the get back to normal boot

I hope it will help.

Talking about the general quality of the laptop, in my opinion is and excellent working laptop for everything (screen, resolution, good battery life, fast as hell...) BUT three "minor" problems:

1. The screen got black once, no response and the only solution was waiting until the battery dies, charge and restart. Foryunately only once.

2. The start button does not work. It feels strange when pressing, and I have to start the laptop using the little boot menu button. I'm planning to open the computer and try to find out the problem.

3. The touchpad disappears once every two or three month, with easy solution (until now)

So, as a conclusion, I'm still not sure about my next laptop...

Guillem72
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 12 of 12

Re: Touchpad doesn't work, no mouse pointer; Yoga 900 Windows 10

Hi,

It's me again.

Only wanted to say that I've just fixed the problem with the start button, after disassembling the laptop.

Was not difficult, I have taken some pictures, so let mi know if some of you want more details.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors