Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviddassau
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 1 of 3

Touchpad not two-finger scrolling properly in certain apps

In most apps, web browsers, and sites, the two-finger scrolling feature on the touchpad works as it should. However, in Visual Studio and VS Code, when I two-finger scroll, it moves the mouse cursor up and down the screen, instead of moving the actual page up and down like normal. I have tried several troubleshooting tactics, such as updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the drivers, etc. You name it, I've tried it. 

Surely I cannot be the only person that's had/having this issue. Thank you in advance to anyone out there that could help me out!

Broken_touchpad
Blue Screen Again
Views: 501
Message 2 of 3

Re: Touchpad not two-finger scrolling properly in certain apps

Hi David,

Usually, on my Yoga 920, the scrolling going off either in Visual Studio Code or Chrome (probably other apps too) is one of the clearest signs that the touchpad will shortly become unresponsive and eventually die for a random amount of time (minutes to days, even between restarts).

From my experience of dealing with this problem for well over 6 months, none of the info you usually find online has provided a lasting fix. The lagging, stuttering, not recognizing gestures and eventually breaking have come back again after each such attempt.

Did anyone from online support provide any help on this matter? 

In my case they just assumed it was a hardware issue and i should take my laptop in for a repair. Reports online suggest that's a hit and miss approach, with the issue usually coming back in a matter of days.

daviddassau
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 3 of 3

Re: Touchpad not two-finger scrolling properly in certain apps

Hello, thanks for your prompt reply!

I spoke with a few people from support over the phone on Saturday. I first spoke with hardware support, to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. Turns out that it isn't. Then they transferrered me to someone else, to see if it was a software issue. But I didn't get very far with them, because right off the bat he wanted to sell me either an annual tech support plan or monthly plan. I told them no thanks lol. My computer is still under warranty, so I'm not sure why he was trying to sell me stuff.

I do know that I'm not alone in having issues with this particular model's touchpad (thanks to you, as well as my multitude of research). I just can't believe that there's not a fix for this somehow.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors