10-20-2020

DE

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchpad not working Lenovo Yoga 720 13ikb

2020-10-20, 9:43 AM

My touchpad has had problems working on and off the last few months everytime I update windows. Usually, once I install all updates, including optional updates and restart a couple times, it starts working again. Today, I did the same, except the driver is now gone from the device manager, and Lenovo Vantage thinks my system is completely up to date (hasn't provided a system update in over a year). I managed to attach a bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad, but now the laptop won't recognize the Bluetooth keyboard either. I have the latest version of BIOS (40) but my computer does not seem to have ELAN at all, and I can't find a way to manually redownload the touchpad driver from Lenovo (it keeps saying that my computer is up to date and provides no tocluchpad driver options for the yoga 720 13ikb). HELP! My laptop has essentially become unusable.

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

144 Signins

6636 Page Views

• Views: 6636
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Touchpad not working Lenovo Yoga 720 13ikb

2020-10-21, 11:09 AM

Hey Sydney1,

Please try the troubleshooting steps below in hopes of remedying the issue:

Step 1. Rolling back to a previous Win 10 Version :

- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.

- Click “Update & security”

- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.

- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

- After some elapsed time after last update(10+ days), this option is often not available. Please continue below.

- There should always be a "restore point" you can choose from "System Recovery"

- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  

- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.

**Note: System Restore Points will only remove Apps and Programs installed after the selected Restore Point date. It will not remove word/text files or pictures etc.

Step 2. #IMPORTANT# Disabling Automatic Hardware Driver update. 

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 3. Updating all HID and I2C drivers.

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Human Interface Device"

- Right click "HID Compliant touch pad" / "I2C hid" and/or "Human Interface Device.

- Right click and select properties, then select the drivers tab, and then "Rollback Drivers" if available.

- Check if the touchpad comes back, if not, then continue back to the same location and continue below:

- Select "Update Drivers"

- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

- Select "Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

- Select the newest mouse/touch related drivers for the "HID Compliant Touch pad/Human Interface Devices" if applicable. If not, leave it be.

- Select the newest I2C related driver for any of the "I2C / I2C HID" on the list..

Step 3.1 Uninstalling the touchpad/HID device with drivers.

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Human Interface Device"

- Right click "HID-Compliant Touch pad" and/or anything that has "I2C HID", eLan or Synaptics infront of it.  I.e :  "Synaptics HID Device".

- Select "Uninstall" , If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.

- Expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and do the same for  "HID-Compliant mouse" and/or "PS/2 compatible mouse.

- Perform a restart of the laptop. 

Now try to apply the touchpad drivers for your device from the Support Page

If all else fails, perform a factory reset of the device and before allowing any Windows update to be applied. Perform step 2.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete