Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,110
Message 11 of 37

Re: Turn off virtual keyboard in laptop mode of Yoga Pro 2

If a few people request it, I will write a program that disables it in laptop mode and enables it in tablet mode.

Or, I might just add it to my patch (with an option to turn it off or on).
Diceman
What's DOS?
Views: 5,101
Message 12 of 37

the problem goes away if you don't use Chrome browser. its a chrome browser issue.

DMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,087
Message 13 of 37

I for one, would be extremely grateful for the option to disable this virtual keyboard easily!! As I wrote in a previous post, i have been trying to disable this for days now!! One note I'd like to mention though; it DOES always happen in the Chrome Browser but it also happens in a few other places, like this Lenovo community forum when entering my sign-in info. Again, any help would truly be awesome!!! Smiley Wink 

DMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,086
Message 14 of 37

Hey Diceman, thanks for the response. It does seem like Chrome is the culprit here, but I am also getting the virtual keyboard pop up on some other sites as well, like this Lenovo support site!! Do you have this issue on ONLY on Chrome & nothing else??? DMarie
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,074
Message 15 of 37

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/IdeaTabWindows/message-id/25817/pri...

To enable the feature (disabled by defualt), launch the settings app (via the tray icon) and enable the feature.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,059
Message 16 of 37

I am really at a lost here guys... I am on a Chrome Browser (Version 36.0.1985.143 m), using it in laptop mode on a Y2P however the virtual keyboard is not coming up ... You all do have Lenovo transition enabled right?

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,051
Message 17 of 37

Touch the address bar with your finger.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,044
Message 18 of 37

Ahhhhhh ... got it got it ... lol

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
Swmcc
Paper Tape
Views: 5,029
Message 19 of 37

I found this at another site.  It works:

HERE IS A WORKAROUND THAT LETS YOU HAVE YOU CAKE AND EAT IT TOO:

We're going to make it so that the On-Screen Keyboard will NOT pop into view without your permission, but still have the On-Screen Keyboard available to you when you use tablet mode. Better yet, it's not that complicated to do... Ready?

Step #1. Go to the Charm search (Win + C)

Step #2. Type in "On-Screen Keyboard" An On-Screen Keyboard will appear, but it will look different than the one you're used to. This one has a Win7 style minimize button.

Step #3 Click that minimize button! The new-style On-Screen Keyboard will minimize to the Taskbar on your Desktop, out of your way.

Done.

Now, DON'T TOUCH IT! Just leave it open & minimized in the Taskbar.

As long as that new keyboard sits minimized in the Taskbar, when you touch or click on any text box in any context the OS will think that the On-Screen Keyboard is already enabled, except it won't shove it back in front of your face, it will stay neatly minimized. You won't see it.

Meanwhile, the hardware keyboard on your Yoga will continue to work like normal. Success!

When you want to use the computer in regular tablet mode again, just switch back your Desktop (Win + D) and close the On-Screen Keyboard like you would any regular Desktop app.

Coolio.

So now, when you flip your Yoga back to tablet mode, you'll still have regular access to that On-Screen Keyboard when you need it, in its intended context.

(You'll still have to reengage that alternate On-Screen Keyboard each time you come back to laptop mode from tablet mode, but it only takes a second to do so. ....I did say this was a workaround, not a fix.)

'Best,

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,023
Message 20 of 37

If that really works, I can have the patch generate a pid for it but keep it hidden. Then when tablet mode comes in, kill the pid.

That would be easy. Just want input before I actually spent time on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors