Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,182
Message 21 of 37

Re: Turn off virtual keyboard in laptop mode of Yoga Pro 2

It blocks the native keyboard, so manual launch won't work.... Essentially my patch does the same thing in a cleaner way.

DMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,178
Message 22 of 37

Swmmc - OMG, something finally worked!!!  You are an absolute lifesaver, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!! Smiley Wink  Thanks to everyone else who took the time to respond as well!! DMarie

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,169
Message 23 of 37

I would also try the patch. I think it is a better solution than the one posted.
DMarie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,160
Message 24 of 37

B. Torrent - Thanks, I would try the patch in a heartbeat  if I had your skill level.  I just picked up this YP2 a couple of days ago and unfortunately, I'm just not that tech saavy..... I  wish I was!! 

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,148
Message 25 of 37

Your call. I tried to make it easy to use. However, to each their own. Smiley Happy

eskim
Paper Tape
Views: 2,125
Message 26 of 37

I tried the workaround posted by Swmcc.  It's a workable workaround.  Thanks for sharing that!

However, this is a user interface design oversight and we the users shouldn't have to jury rig the system to use it free of these types of annoyances.  Is there anyone from Lenovo monitoring these comments?  Does Lenovo have any plans to address these bugs?

For the record, I experience this virtual keyboard pop-up issue also while using some of my Office 2013 apps, so I would say the source of the issue is deeper than one particular browser.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,122
Message 27 of 37

I am the first to point fingers at Lenovo but, this is a Microsoft problem.

Anyhow, you can always try the community patch. I build that patch with suggestions from the community. It is a swift army app made specifically for the Y2P. 

eskim
Paper Tape
Views: 2,107
Message 28 of 37

I agree it's likely that MSFT is the primary holder of responsibility but aren't there typically engineers at the major hardware manufacturers that either directly write code or provide support to customize and integrate the OS into their respective hardware?

In any case, I've seen the husband-and-wife approach to product support play out many times in the market in which companies partner up to introduce a product to market and, when something goes wrong, each side wants to shift responsibility to the other.  I"m stating that Lenovo is in a much better position to work with MSFT to fix this issue than we the end-users are.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,104
Message 29 of 37

Again, I am not pro-Lenovo (look at my post history). However, this is 100% M$ fault, not Lenovo. 

Lucyfersam
Paper Tape
Views: 2,039
Message 30 of 37

Just searched for this issue and found this thread and your patch, had to register just to thank you for making it!  Much nicer solution than the OSK.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors