Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivanceskovic
Paper Tape
Views: 2,304
Message 1 of 8

Two 2k monitors on Yoga 720

Hi,

It seems that Yoga 720 has Thunderbold capable connector. Is it possible to connect two 2k monitors (Dell U2515H, QHD 2560x1440)?

What kind of dock do I have to get?

Thanks,

--

Ivan

ivanceskovic
Paper Tape
Views: 2,216
Message 2 of 8

Re: Two 2k monitors on Yoga 720

Anyone? I have to return it by EOB tomorrow if there is no way to connect 2 displays (preferably 2k, but FHD will do).

Thanks,
--
Ivan
Janey
What's DOS?
Views: 1,689
Message 3 of 8

Did you find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.

I have an adaptor thunderbolt 3 to 2x hdmi's but only one external display will work at a time.

I would even be satisfied if I could disable the laptop screen and use the 2 bigger displays. 

Any help would be appreciated!

ivanceskovic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,655
Message 4 of 8

Hi Janey,

Unfortunately not. It seems there is no way to connect 2 2k monitors (or in any other resolution) to Yoga 720.

Alternative is Yoga 370 which is ThinkPad and supports OneLink dock.

A guy from from StarTech support suggested using 2 adapters on 2 USB 3.0 ports. I haven't tried that.

Fow now I'm using one 2k monitor and laptop as a secondary monitor, but will replace the laptop when I get a change. Supposedly HP envy supports 2 2k monitors as do various other laptops in the price range. 

What bugs me the most is how Yoga 720 is marketed as "Thunderbolt 3.0" ultra fast laptop, but implements only 1/2 of Thunderbolt 3.0...

It would be nice to have someone from Lenovo answer this and offer a solution (or final no-go). But until now Lenovo support is deaf-mute-autistic regarding the problem.

Good luck,

--

Ivan

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,651
Message 5 of 8

Sorry not sorry, Ivan, but you're wrong. The Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 dock fully works with the Yoga 720. I use it everyday running dual Dell 25" QHD at 60Hz and internal laptop display at UHD. It can not do dual UHD@60Hz, as that must exceed 20gbps or whatever, but dual QHD is no problem. You can even daisy-chain dual QHD from a single DP port on the dock. See my posts in the Docking Station Compatibility thread (sorry, too lazy to link it here).

Get that dock from B&H, better price than Lenovo direct and they actually have pictures and accurate description unlike Lenovo's awful product page.

ivanceskovic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,645
Message 6 of 8

Hi snake2332,
That is indeed a great news! I'll get the TB dock immediately! Found your posts and read them.
Thanks for trying (and doing).
--
Ivan
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,644
Message 7 of 8

@ivanceskovic wrote:

Alternative is Yoga 370 which is ThinkPad and supports OneLink dock.

I can't speak to the Yoga 720 issue, but for the record the ThinkPad Yoga 370 does not have a OneLink port.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

snake2332
Token Ring
Views: 1,639
Message 8 of 8

@ivanceskovic wrote:
Hi snake2332,
That is indeed a great news! I'll get the TB dock immediately! Found your posts and read them.
Thanks for trying (and doing).
--
Ivan

Sure thing, Ivan! I'm glad my post could help someone. Sadly, I have zero kudos on that post, even after all my effort and trying-and-returning the Wavlink dock.

Oh look, I got 1 kudo on my "cpu + gpu repaste" thread.

I feel so under-appreciated...wait, now I sound like my wife, uh oh!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors