Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike416
Fanfold Paper
Views: 981
Message 1 of 3

Two finger tap for right click not working in Yoga 11s

I have become frustrated with an issue I consider really unforgiveable with my Yoga 11s. It's a great computer but why should the two-finger tap to right click be unavailable? It's a commonly found gesture on Windows and Macs these days and that it's missing be default on my machine drives me crazy. Having to press down firmly to click in the bottom corner or having to click while pressing down two fingers is annoying. I've read some solutions involving drivers and registry edits but not sure what I want to undertake.

Mike416
Fanfold Paper
Views: 980
Message 2 of 3

Re: Two finger tap for right click not working in Yoga 11s

I have found a solution but I am still annoyed I had to do my own tech work to get a common touch figure enabled. (By the way there's many threads out there on Synpatics drivers and touchpads not working right for many people on different machines.)

Anyway, indeed the fastest fix is to modify a registry entry for Synaptics. Just open  the regisitry edit software on the Yoga and then go through the folders: HKEY LOCAL / Software / Synaptics / SynTP / Win8

In "2FingerTapAction" all you need is to change the value from "0" to "2" - and presto two-finger tap is now a right click!

Much easier than going through a driver install / uninstall routine or any other of the suggestions I've found out there.

I wish Lenovo had this set up as a default. It's really a great gesture and it's quiet and fast.

edipo
Punch Card
Views: 909
Message 3 of 3

Re: Two finger tap for right click not working in Yoga 11s

It doesn't work for me Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors