cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAllan
Token Ring
Views: 12,174
Message 1 of 10

Two finger tap right click (ALPS, Yoga 500) - Here's howto...

Hi

Just wanted to share and in the event I need to information later it's nice to be able to find it on the internet if I forget.

I bought a Yoga 500 14-IBD (born with Win10 - not upgraded) as is was on sale and I figured why not I need a second machine. It's actually a very nice machine and the Pentium seems much better at everyday tasks than I imagined (though of it as Atom-like performance but actually its more like just below i3)

However not everything is rose red. Like the 900 and probably many other of Lenovo's other laptops it got a very annoying problem. NO TWO FINGER TAP FOR RIGHT CLICK ! Argh !!!! Beyond me a reputable manufacturer manage to get two finger tap wrong !!!

The Yoga 500 I got is as said the low end version of the 500 (although it got FHD IPS) and probably that's why they put in an ALPS touchpad while my 900 got a Synaptics.

I found no information regarding enable two finger tap to right click on ALPS touchpads on the internet so I messed around a little in regedit (I'm pretty confident so wasn't worried, worst case revert values) thought why not share.

1. Open regedit

2. Goto - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Apls\Apoint\Gesture

3. Edit 2TapShow set value to 1

4. Edit 2TapSupport set value to 1

5. Edit 2TapSetting set value to decimal 13 (hexadecimal d)

6. Do the same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alps\Apoint\Gesture

7. Restart machine

Step 5 is optional. You can now in the ALPS control panel under multi finger set what you want two finger tap to do! Most likely you want to have it to context menu but there's other options too if you don't care about right click.

This information is for Windows 10 ALPS driver v8.201.1611.252 so things may not look exactly alike on your laptop and of course usage of information is on your own risk. Messing around in regedit may render operating system inoperable if you do something wrong!

-- ENJOY YOUR "NEW" TOUCHPAD ! --

Also while at adjusting your touchpad settings you may want to adjust speed. Diffinately scroll speed to max and sensivity to max as well. ALPS seems to jerk and get fantom clicks if you're the type who just lightly touching the touchpad. Setting sensicity to max and the touchpad behaves very well no unintended jerkyness and clicks.

McAllan
Token Ring
Views: 12,105
Message 2 of 10

Re: Two finger tap right click (ALPS, Yoga 500) - Here's howto...

Sorry for a minor error!

I was about writing this in my OneNote and discovered an error.

The point 5 is 2TapFunc NOT setting(!) However it probably doesn't mean a lot - only that you should open the ALPS control panel to then set the two finger tapping function instead of it working right after regedit and restart.

Sorry for inconvinience but forum doesn't allow me to edit a post efter some time!

bodnarkf
Paper Tape
Views: 12,048
Message 3 of 10

IT WORKS!

Prof_Chaos
Paper Tape
Views: 11,742
Message 4 of 10

i wanted to thank you. It works like a charm.

malsais
What's DOS?
Views: 10,645
Message 5 of 10

Hi, I have done the regedit but seems to be not working.......

But now the touchpad software have the 2 finger tap option but no right click function Smiley Sad  (see attachment)

This such a basic features, we are living in 2016 lenovo!

Untitled_Clipping_072416_074614_AM.jpg

tanapongs
What's DOS?
Views: 10,319
Message 6 of 10

i think "shortcut menu" is actually a right click , i select it and it work?

satyalenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 8,454
Message 7 of 10

Spent so much on finding a solution with no luck and finally landed here. It worked like a charm and thank you so much..!!

melki6
What's DOS?
Views: 6,352
Message 8 of 10

Hi, 

for me this trick did not work  but,

i took your suggestion and additionally i set up  the Enable2Tap register to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER and it worked !

Thanks for your help and may be this additional information will be useful for someone .

FromDayFam
What's DOS?
Views: 2,814
Message 9 of 10

Made an account to thank you for this! This is such an improvement on the existing trackpad (Ideapad Y900 for me)

Thanks!

Sakina-w
What's DOS?
Views: 472
Message 10 of 10

It works i tried too.. Thanks!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors