cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jt9989
Paper Tape
Views: 761
Message 1 of 2

USB-C Monitor adaptor for Yoga 900 13isk2, to DVI, DP1.2 or HDMI?

I am totally in the dark about what kind of adaptors exist to connect an external monitor to my Yoga 900 13isk2 via the USB-C port. I would like to connect to either a DP1.2 UHD (3840 x 2160) or to a dell 2560 x 1600 panel that accepts DP or dual link DVI. I may also wish to connect to a 1920 x 1200 panel via DVI.

Where can I find out which products are compatible? I haven't fully understood the implications of USB-C 3.0 vs 3.1 or 3.2. I would probably purchase the necessary part off amazon, and I am based in the UK. Does anyone have a definitive guide to connecting external monitors to the Yoga 900 13isk2? I didn't purchase this premium model on the basis that I would have to experiment with third party adaptors until finding one that works. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 708
Message 2 of 2

Re: USB-C Monitor adaptor for Yoga 900 13isk2, to DVI, DP1.2 or HDMI?

Hi jt9989, 

The TYPE C usb port of the Lenovo Yoga 3 Supports the following: 

• USB 3.0
• Native display port 1.2 video output
• VGA/HDMI output using Type-C VGA/HDMI adapter (sold separately)

With this I would recommend that you try reading this post for Type-C adapters for the Yoga 910, https://forums.lenovo.com..., there's a couple of adapters mentioned on the thread that worked great, but I'm not sure if they are available in UK.

Hope this helps you with you choice. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors