Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,664
Message 1 of 30

USB Type-C docking station for Yoga 900

Does Lenovo sell a compatible docking station for the USB Type-C port? I am looking for a ethernet port, video port (HDMI & VGA) and multiple USB 3.0 ports on a dock that connects to the new USB Type-C port.

Guru
Views: 17,653
Message 2 of 30

Re: USB Type-C docking station for Yoga 900

As far as I know, Lenovo currently doesn't offer a USB Type C docking station for the Yoga 900.

As you can't charge the Yoga 900 using the USB Type C port, you have to plug in two cables anyway.

You might consider buying this adapter by Dell: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Adapter-Type-Ethernet-470-ABQN/dp/B012DT6KW2

Unfortunately, it only has one USB 3.0 port, but it offers one HDMI, one VGA and one Ethernet port as desired.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,649
Message 3 of 30

This one gets close, but no VGA Smiley Sad    The one linked by fb1996 + a USB 3.0 hub might do it if you don't mind another gadget.

(not tested by me - just an example)  UNITEK USB Type C Multi-in-1 Universal Docking Station Pro

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JakCrow
Punch Card
Views: 17,519
Message 4 of 30

I've tested two type-c network adapters so far and neither is stable using the type-c port. I would be concerned about the stability of any network adapter.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,516
Message 5 of 30

That's not good news Smiley Sad

Which ones have you tried and what sort of instability?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JakCrow
Punch Card
Views: 17,512
Message 6 of 30

These two devices

This one works perfectly on the standard USB ports

http://www.centralcomputers.com/p-407534-unitek-y-3464a-usb30-aluminium-gigabit-ethernetconverter-wi...

This one is native type-c

http://www.centralcomputers.com/p-403068-usb-31-type-c-male-to-rj45-adapterproduct.aspx

Both are Realtek based adapters. When trying the type-c port, they disconnect and connect over and over. Completely unstable and useless.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,501
Message 7 of 30

This is the one I've tried.  Seemed to work but I didn't test extensively.  Will do so and report back.  Don't know which chip they use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XU6PM68?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Z.

JakCrow
Punch Card
Views: 17,496
Message 8 of 30

It's probably the same since there's a Unitek branded version of that, but you would need to check when you have the device plugged in. Though if you're not having an issue with Realtek type-c network adapters, what's going on with my notebook?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,494
Message 9 of 30

I only made a cursory test.  Can't say that there's no problem.  As I said - I'll try to test further if I can make time.

Z.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,491
Message 10 of 30

In case it makes a difference: are you experiencing the disconnects when on battery, AC mains, or both?

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors