Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geof11061
Paper Tape
Views: 500
Message 1 of 2

Unable to connect to any WiFi network after update via Lenovo companion

I recently used this tool for the first time and used it to install all my latest Windows updates.

Since then, the machine has never been able to connect to any WiFi network at all and the only option I have to connect to the internet is to physically connect the machine to my phone and use the its hotspot.

Clicking on the list of available networks successfully displays all the networks in range, including my home networks - if I select my network and enter the password for it nothing happens - I am left with the greyed out wifi icon on the task bar with an asterisk in the top left hand corner of the icon.

I have been through all the steps on the troubleshooter including going through all the NETSH commands on the command line and disabling all the network adapters but still nothing works. Note that I can successfully connect to the wifi networks from all the other devices in my house including my MacBook Air and my iPhone.

This is a Yoga 910 512GB (16GB RAM) machine - has anybody else had this issue after proceeding with any updates recently? 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 466
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to connect to any WiFi network after update via Lenovo companion

Lenovo Companion does not install Windows Updates, but it does update your system's device drivers from Lenovo's site, so most likely Lenovo Companion installed a bad WiFi driver.

Try the steps below to see if a fresh copy of the WiFi driver helps get your card working again.

• Right-Click on Start and select Device Manager to open
  • Left-Click on Network Adapters to expand
  • Right-Click on your WiFi adapter and select Uninstall
  • Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device"
  • Click Next.

If prompted to reboot do so, but if not, go back into Device Manager and Right-Click Network Adapters and select "Scan for hardware changes" to force windows to re-detect your WiFi adapter and download a dew driver via Windows Update.

Also, be sure to try unplugging your WiFi router for about 10 seconds, plugging it back in ,and then try reconnecting, because I have found that sometimes a router reset will fix issues such as this.

Good Luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors