Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jame
Blue Screen Again
Views: 150
Message 1 of 3

Unable to enable 5ghz band on Lenovo Yoga 15ikb

I've noticed my wifi on my laptop being slow lately and made sure to Lenovo Yoga 710 15IKB. After some digging I noticed my laptop doesn't have the option in the configuration setting even though the wifi adapter supports 5ghz bands. Any solutions?

window.PNGDoes support dual bandssnip.PNGNo option to turn on 5ghz.. or even switch between 2.5

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 128
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to enable 5ghz band on Lenovo Yoga 15ikb

The Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4A supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections, so simply not seeing a setting in Device Manager does not mean that the 5Ghz capability is not present, or that it is not working

Assuming you have a dual band WiFi router, you should have two SSID's, one for your 2.4GHz SSID, and another 5GHz WiFi SSID, so are you not seeing the 5Ghz wireless SSID when browsing available WiFi networks?

Note:  The 5Ghz band does not travel as far as 2.4GHz, so you may not be able to connect to the 5GHz connection if you are too far away from the WiFi Router.

Best of luck,

jame
Blue Screen Again
Views: 96
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to enable 5ghz band on Lenovo Yoga 15ikb

Well I made the assumption from my phone being able to get speeds of the full capacity of what my modem offers and my laptop only getting a fraction of that. Also not seeing any setting to switch between bands.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors