Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Massimiliano80
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 1 of 5

Unable to install windows 10 on lenovo Yoga

Hi everyone, I have a problem that I have on a Lenovo yoga notebook that I can not solve after trying countless times to install Windows 10 64 bit.
The pc has its own hard disk and starts regularly but wanting to mount a ssd I opened it, mounted the disk and started the installation from usb pen drive for the installation of the operating system.
The installation starts regularly in uefi bios mode, eliminates the partition and recreates it proceeds until the reboot and then goes into the "attached image" error ..
From here it does not move, I made the following attempts ..

- Changed ssd with another
- Try all the microsoft tools, from repair boot to restore installation
- Installation from the original Windows 10 CD
- In-depth hardware diagnostics
- Memtest
- Updated bios
- Cloned disk running on ssd

Tried to finally install on an external USB HDD and the installation does it but if I then insert it into the PC gives me another error ..
It seems as if it is tied to the original disk and it was not possible to replace it but it is also quite improbable

Do you know what you can depend on?
thank you

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 506
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to install windows 10 on lenovo Yoga

Hi Massimiliano80,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I know what specific SSD are you trying to install on the Yoga notebook? Can you give us the exact model number of your Yoga notebook so we can further check the upgrade options. 

In addition, according to the error code it has something to do with the following Invalid boot.ini configuration, Corrupt boot volume, Corrupted or deleted ntoskrnl.exe.

Kindly perform the troubleshooting steps below and see if this will fix the error.

- Press F8 while booting the system to go into the Windows Recovery Menu.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options to get into Automatic Repair menu.
- We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:

bootrec /RebuildBcd

bootrec /fixMbr

bootrec /fixboot

- Exit and now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases, you may need to run some additional commands.

bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Highlighted
Massimiliano80
Paper Tape
Views: 481
Message 3 of 5

hi JanGab_Lenovo, thanks for your support..

My laptop is "20CD00AJIX"

The ssd that i install is "pny cs900" or "Transcend ssd230s".

I followed the procedure you gave me but the result is this "look attached"

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 465
Message 4 of 5

Could you try the steps on this video provided on this forum: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/BCD-boot-error-0xc0000098/td-p/3534147?CID=ww:lenovosocial:2....

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Massimiliano80
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 5 of 5

it seems that this computer should not work with a new disk, I followed the procedure and the error that I have is this

c: \ boot not found

I'm losing hope

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors